Yup, you read that right. And if gray isn’t the most appetizing color to you, you’re about to be in shock at how beautiful these wedding cakes look.
Because, frankly, they are quite gorgeous.
I’m not sure how, but cakes wear gray well. And it’s no surprise that gray is a popular wedding color these days and we are sensing that this wedding color trend will continue well into the future. We’ve already seen the shift from black tuxes to charcoal gray and light gray. It seems that the all white cakes have taken cue in the changing of the colors. Gray is a great neutral to pair with just about any color, so you can take gray from Winter into Spring, Summer, and even Fall. With the right balance of this stunning neutral, you can strike any mood at your wedding with something as simple as the wedding cake. While neutral, you can make even the most plain cake the center attention with just a simple pop of color. Icy blues paired with grey evoke Winter feelings, while a warm orange would bring more of a fall vibe. Bright yellow screams Spring and a bright fresh white brings to mind a Summer beach wedding.
- Wheat Nouveau Fall Wedding Inspiration from Ruffled Blog
- Delicate Cakes from ModWedding (Cake design by Sugar Ruffles)
- Harper Cake from The Pastry Studio
- Unique Gray Cake from Every Last Detail (Cake design by The Sugar Suite, Photography by Bumby Photography)
- Classic Fall Wedding Cake (Cake design by Cocoa & Fig, Photography – Laura Ivanova Photography)
- Grey and Yellow Wedding Cake from Avalon Cakes
- Fall in Love Cake (Cake design by Frost It Cupcakery, Photography by Betsi Ewing Studio)
- Fondant Doilies Cake from Sweet and Saucy
- Pink and Gray Cake from Erica OBrien Cake Design
Whether or not you like gray wedding cakes, you may be fond of the color gray itself. In that case, here are some color palettes that we think would be great wedding colors.
What are/were your wedding colors?
- Help Kids in Need With This Roll-Up DIY Checkerboard Tutorial - March 9, 2017
- The BEST Free Coloring Pages for All Ages - March 8, 2017
- National Craft Month: 31 Days of Craft Tutorial Videos from FaveCrafts.com + Grand Prize - March 1, 2017