Today is Day 10 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the 10th day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me…these Christmas Ornament Salt and Pepper Shakers from Polyform Products!
- premo! Sculpey® Accents 2oz. Red Glitter – 1 Block
- premo! Sculpey® Accents 2oz. Frost White Glitter – 1 Block
- premo! Sculpey® Accents 2oz. Green – 1 Block
- Sculpey® Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey® Super Slicer
- Sculpey® Acrylic Clay Roller
- Etch’n Pearl Set
- Circle Graduated Cutters
- Round jars with screw tight lids
- You can transform any jars with screw tight lids into salt and pepper shakers by punching holes in them with a hammer and awl. I chose round jars so they would look like Christmas ornament balls.
- Sheet Red Glitter through the clay conditioning machine on the thickest setting. Make sheet that is long enough to wrap around one of the jars and wide enough to cover it top to bottom.
- Cut a straight edge along one of the short ends. Wrap the clay all the way around the jar and trim the end to form a neat seam. Smooth the seam with your fingers.
- Gently form the clay to the shape of the jar working toward the bottom.
- Bend the clay around the bottom edge of the jar.
- Use a circle cutter to trim the edge of the clay so that it looks neat on the bottom. Remove excess clay and smooth the edge with your fingers.
- Gently form the clay to the shape of the jar working toward the top.
- Trim away excess clay.
- Roll Frost White Glitter into very skinny strings. Cut off 1” and 2” lengths.
- Taper the ends of the white pieces and form curly-qs. Start by adding the decorations in a N, S, E, W pattern.
- Add more and more curly-qs as you like all around the shaker. Lightly press the decorations on so that they attach to the red clay but don’t smash them.
- Add tiny pearls of white with the small Etch’n Pearl tool. Repeat the process on the second jar with green background clay instead of red to make a set of shakers. Bake the shakers at 275 for30 minutes. Fill with salt & pepper when they are completely cool.
Enter to Win a Crazy Awesome Clay Kit
From humble beginnings more than 50 years ago to widespread popularity in the new millennium, Sculpey® oven-bake clays from Polyform Products Company have become one of the most desirable craft clays on the market today. An entire culture has sprouted around this amazing medium – web sites, newsgroups, conferences and retreats. As the market leader, Polyform focuses on creating new ways to stimulate and encourage creativity.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What’s your favorite holiday decoration of all time?
This contest has ended. And the winner is:
Be sure to enter our sleigh of prizes giveaway to win each of our giveaways featured!
- A Night of Networking Fun at Creativation 2018 - February 6, 2018
- On Your Mark, Get Set, GO: How to Make a Scarf in 1 Night - January 5, 2018
- A Winter’s Tail: 23 Woodland Critter Crafts - December 15, 2017