Spring is here and it’s a great time to create paper flower projects! This project is very simple and fun to make and you can change the colors or the size and create an amazing bouquet.
1. Cut strips of paper. Use any pattern or solid paper. you can stamp, paint and ink it. You can cut as many strips as you want and in any size you want.
I used: 8 strips – 5 inches on 3/4 of an inch (13 x 2 cm)
12 strips – 4.5 inches on 3/4 of an inch (11.5 x 2 cm)
6 strips – 4 inches on 3/4 of an inch (10 x 2 cm)
2. Cut the edges of the strips to form an arrow. Punch a hole on each side.
3. Cut 5 circles 3/4 of an inch (1.5 cm) in diameter. Punch two holes side by side to make the circles look like buttons. You can also use actual buttons.
4. Cut a piece of wire, about 6 inches long.
5. Thread the wire through the two holes of the button piece.
6. Twist the wire to form one strand.
7. Start with the medium size strips. Thread the wire through the hole, loop the strip and thread the wire through the other hole. Continue to thread all 6 strips.
8. Separate the wire and add another button. The button makes it easier to handle the layers while you are assembling the flower.
9. Add the next layer of loops, large size.
10. Repeat the process with the rest of the strips, separating each layer with a button.
11. Add rolled strips of paper as stamens.
12. Cut more strips for leafs.
13. Take a wooden skewer and push it through the middle of the flower. Thread the loops on the skewer to create leafs.
You can add glitter, Mica or beads to embellish the flower and create a bouquet!
Join the new VIP Room where every month you’ll get new class grade video tutorials, be the first to hear about new products and get access to printables, patterns, have more chances to win fabulous giveaways and much, much more!
Don’t miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter
Have fun creating!
Today Einat is a versatile designer who owns her own business. She dabbles in various crafts from scrapbooking and altered art to mixed media and 3D paper crafts. She teaches online classes and design for several companies. She shares her projects and designs on her blog, FB page and very successful YouTube channel.
Join her successful VIP Room Creative Club on einatkessler.com and get new class grade video tutorials, be the first to hear about new products and get access to printables, patterns, have more chances to win fabulous giveaways and much, much more!