Just like fashion trends and tech fads, crafts have experienced their own evolution. Whether your nostalgia stems from classic summer activities or school art classes, one thing is for sure. Everyone’s favorite childhood crafting materials are making a comeback – or they may have never even left. Take a trip down memory lane with one of these 50+ Nostalgic Easy Kids Crafts from your Childhood.
Kids will love these blast-from-the-past crafts with a modern twist, and you’ll have just as much fun exploring your favorite childhood pastimes right along with them. There’s something special about watching your kids take part in activities you used to enjoy, and now you can pass down those happy memories with a nostalgic craft or two. You may be surprised to see that many of the crafting materials that were popular in your day are still around. The difference being that the possibilities have expanded tenfold.
Perler and Pony Bead Crafts for Kids
Just looking at these melted bead crafts is enough to take me back to carefully placing each bead in its proper place and then melting them into a beautiful piece of artwork. And, of course there were always pony beads to make into fun keychains and DIY bracelets for friends. Perler and Pony beads are pretty much guaranteed to provide your kids with hours of entertainment and opportunities to express their creativity!
- Mosaic Melted Bead Bowl
- Marvelous Melted Bead Necklaces
- Perler Bead Placemat Tutorial
- Fruit and Fish Perler Bead Bracelets
- Hama Bead DIY Rings
- Fun Star Wars Perler Bead Patterns
- Fun Emoji Perler Bead Patterns
- Personalized Bike License Plate
- Cat in the Hat Pendant
- Slinky Bead Snake Craft
- Pony Bead Bracelet
- Watermelon Melty Bead Coasters
- Cute Pipe Cleaner Inchworm Craft
- Melted Pony Bead Suncatcher Craft
- Pony Bead American Flag
Weaving Yarn Kids Craft Ideas
If you didn’t make a God’s eye weaving pattern at least once, were you even a kid? Ok, maybe perler beads weren’t your thing, but weaving was everyone’s thing. These yarn crafts have to ring a bell, and your kids are destined to love them too!
- Weaving Baby Sea Turtle Craft
- Very First Weaving Project
- Funky Finger-Woven Pot Holders
- Chestnut Spider Web Weaving
- Magnificent Miniature Weaving Loom
- Spectacular CD Weaving Projects
Paper Mache Easy Kids Crafts
No matter if you were making a paper mache model craft for a school project or constructing a paper mache animal figure for your art class, the results were always pretty cool. Who knew you could make any 3D shapes you wanted with newspaper and a quick homemade mixture? Although watching your model come together is amazing, the best part is painting these easy kids crafts after they dry!
- Paper Pulp Bowl
- African Tribal Masks
- Papier Mache Pirate Ship
- Papier Mache Frogs
- Magical Miniature Fairy Village
- Earth Day Papier Mache Globe
- Deep Space Star Shuttle
- Cool Chicks Papier Mache Craft
- Patchwork Paper Mache Turtle
Color-ific Tie-Dye Kids Projects
You could never have too many tie-dyed t-shirts. In fact, you could never have too many tied-dyed accessories. Tie-dye shirts, headbands, and even shorts are a bold fashion risk kids are always willing to take. Re-live your summer camp memories of perfecting that tie-dye shirt with one of these easy kids crafts. Add a burst of color to your day for old times sake!
- Tie Dye Heart Shirt
- Tie-Dyed T-Shirt DIY Headbands
- Easy-Peasy Tie Dye Pillowcases
- Rainbow Tie-Dye Sneakers
- Tie-Dye DIY Tote Bag
- Matching DIY Tie Dye Hoodies
- Tie Dye School Lunch Napkin
- Striped Tie-Dye Tutorial
- Sciency Tie Dye T-Shirt
- How to Tie Dye Shorts
Easy Kids Crafts with Popsicle Sticks
Popsicle stick crafts are truly awesome because you’re creating something totally cool out of basically nothing. Sometimes the simplest materials are the best to work with because there’s so many creative ways to use them. Let your child’s imagination really take off with one of these nostalgic kids crafts that will remind you of a much simpler time and place.
- Popsicle Stick Boat
- Popsicle Stick Monster Men
- Out of the Barn Popsicle Sticks
- Tie-Dye Popsicle Stick Wreath
- Simple Popsicle Stick Angelfish
- The Easiest Preschool Flower
- Popsicle Stick Unicorn and Monster Craft
- Easy Breezy Button Frame
- Popsicle Stick Busy Bee Craft
- Incredible Kids Velcro Dot Building Sticks
- Popsicle Stick DIY Coasters
- Back to School Bus Frame
- Friendly Popsicle Stick Butterfly
- Popsicle Stick Picture Puzzle
What was your favorite thing to make as a kid? Share with us in the comments below!
If you liked these nostalgic kids crafts, subscribe to the AllFreeKidsCrafts newsletter for more projects just like these delivered right to your inbox!
- 28 DIY Summer Kids Crafts - June 29, 2022
- Teach Kids About Math, Sorting, and Food With This DIY Grocery Store Notepad - June 28, 2022
- Under the Sea: 16 Easy Kids’ Crafts Inspired by Mermaids, Sea Creatures, and the Ocean - June 15, 2022