They say every little girl dreams of her wedding day. While I’m definitely not going to be walking down the aisle anytime soon, I’ve certainly thought about my dream wedding ideas, from the gown (modern Grace Kelly) to the color scheme (elegant black, white, and gold, for me). If you’re planning your big day and have no idea where to start, never fear! I come bearing a list of DIY vintage-inspired wedding ideas that I know you’ll love!
I’ve based this list on the top trending decades that brides-to-be seem to love, from the forever classic Victorian Era to the days of the glittery 1920s flappers (you wouldn’t believe how popular Great Gatsby weddings are on Pinterest). If sweet and ladylike is more your style, I’ve made sure to include beautiful DIY accessories and crafts inspired by the 40s, 50s, and 60s, so that you’re completely covered, whether you’re more of a Marilyn, Audrey, or my personal style icon, Princess Grace.
If you’re looking for even more easy crafts and ideas to create your dream wedding, be sure to check out AllFreeDIYWeddings.com. They have a ton of fantastic DIY wedding ideas that’s perfect for any bride.
I hope you love this list of vintage wedding ideas as much as I do. And if you have any suggestions for other eras I may have missed or want to tell us all about your own DIY wedding ideas, please make sure to leave a comment below! Here’s wishing all those future brides good luck on their big day!
Vintage Victorian-Era Wedding Ideas
Victorians were all about delicate and lacy decor, so if you’re a fan of the antique look, make sure to incorporate decorations like doilies, DIY lace crafts, and vintage photos. Colors like plum, silver, primrose pink, and of course, ivory, are great hues for a Victorian theme.
- Elegant Doily Wreath
- Beautiful Birdcage Floral Arrangement – Great for Holding Cards, Too!
- Floral Fresh Wedding Crown
- Antique Victorian Wedding Themes – Tons of Beautiful Ideas!
- Downton Abbey Wedding Ideas
Roaring 20s: Great Gatsby-Inspired Wedding Ideas
The Roaring 20s were the time of bedazzled flappers, dark smoky eyes, and the beginning of art deco, all of which can easily be translated into a modern wedding. Flappers were all about beading and accessories, so I’ve included some sparkly headbands as an alternative to the traditional veil. A Great Gatsby-inspired wedding works perfectly with colors like gold, silver, bronze, or any other metallics.
- Gatsby Flower Appliqued Headband – Perfect Veil Alternative!
- Glittery Glam DIY Hair Accessory
- All That Jazz Gold Candles
- Art Deco Nail Design – A Sparkling Touch!
- Great Gatsby Dream Wedding
- Charleston Feathered Headdress
40s Glam: Wedding Crafts Inspired by Hollywood’s Golden Age
40s Hollywood was the Golden Age of cinema and starlets like Rita Hayworth, Ava Gardner, and Veronica Lake were the fashion icons of the time. To create a 40s glam look for your party venue, use rich, luxe colors like gold, crimson, snow white, and black and don’t be afraid to use dramatic ideas for your DIY decorations!
- French Wedding Favor Bags – We’ll Always Have Paris!
- Ginger Rogers DIY Veil
- Mae West Updo Tutorial – Great for Long Hair!
- Gold Leaf Champagne Flutes
- Graceful Curled Pony Braid
Sweet and Simple: 1950s and 1960s Wedding Ideas
The classic and timeless style of the 1950s and 1960s is perfect for any modern bride, whether you prefer the clean-cut elegance of the 50s or the bohemian vibes of the 60s. Decorations from these eras should focus less on being glam and more on simple and easy craft ideas, like paper flowers, Mason jars, and anything and everything lace!
- Pretty Paper Pomanders – Princess Grace Would Approve!
- Lovely Lady Vintage Hair Comb
- Blue Vintage Mason Jars
- DIY 60s Beehive Tutorial
- Flower Child Flower Headband – If You’re a Hippie at Heart!
What are your favorite vintage wedding ideas? Leave a comment below!
Latest posts by AllFreeHolidayCrafts (see all)
- 9 Unique Gifts in a Jar Ideas - September 9, 2020
- Lake House Luxuries: 19 DIY Lake House Projects That You Need - August 26, 2020
- 30 Beach Craft Ideas for Eternal Summer Bliss - August 8, 2020