Cake is great. Everyone loves cake, there are tons of different flavors to choose from, and you want your wedding cake to look absolutely fantastic—but be careful! You don’t want to get cake-tunnel vision and forget about your other desserts! Dare to be different with these 8 spectacularly awesome alternative wedding dessert table ideas. Everyone will have enough cake to take home, but what about donuts? Cookies? Cupcakes? Macarons? All of these desserts and the others listed below are delicious, easy to make dessert table ideas that will spice up your reception and give your dessert table some variety. Don’t be afraid to try something different!
Give your guests the options of take-home containers so they can try all the sweets you have to offer and your dessert table will be a hit. If you are having a fall wedding theme, or a rustic wedding, consider having an apple-themed dessert table at your event. If you’re having a winter wedding, check out our ideas for a hot cocoa bar, complete with a free printable sign. If your wedding is an endlessly elegant French affair, or if it echoes the picturesque European countryside, take a look at our ideas for a macaron dessert table. Your guests will love this French dessert, and there are so many different flavors and ways to dress them up. If you are looking for classic wedding dessert table ideas, check out our ideas for cookie, candy, or cupcake tables. And if you’re looking for a dessert table alternative to cake or cupcakes, we have some ideas for cheesecake, mousse cake, and pie waiting to be devoured.
Trust me; you can’t go wrong with too many sweets! If there are leftovers, divide them up between your closest loved ones and send them home with sweet treats to thank them for their love and support. Your thoughtfulness and attention to detail will not go unnoticed! Your guests will adore you for thinking of such fun dessert table ideas, and everyone will be on the dance floor with a sugar high in no time. So what are you waiting for?! Dive into these fabulous dessert table ideas and start trying out recipes!
If you are crazy for candy, this is the dessert table idea for you! Below we have examples of candy tables, candy favor bag ideas, and other candy-themed desserts and decorations.
- Crazy for Candy Buffet Idea
- Monochromatic Candy Table Idea
- The Sweetest Thing Is Love Candy Bags
- General Store Candy Jars
- “How Sweet It Is” No-Sew Banner
- Delectable Dark Chocolate Bouquet
- Chocolate Mustache Pops
- Trendy Truffle Desserts
- Rock Star Rock-Candy Recipe
Are you a lover of cupcakes? Good! We have all the pint-sized, charming cupcakes a gal could want below, plus an idea for a do-it-yourself cupcake bar that allows your guests to customize plain cupcakes. Easy for you and fun for them—perfect for DIY weddings!
- DIY Cupcake Bar Idea
- Charming Country Wedding Cupcakes
- Impossibly Gorgeous Wedding Cupcakes
- The Prettiest Cupcakes Ever
- Beautiful Bouquet Cupcake Designs
- Potted Cupcake Confections
Are you a cookie monster? So am I! Check out these amazing cookie dessert table ideas for inspiration, recipes, and more!
- Cookie Dessert Table Idea
- Darling Little Cookie Wedding Cakes
- Classy Button Cookie Favor
- Bride & Groom Sugar Cookies
- Absolutely Exquisite Watercolor Cookies
- Flower Power Cookie Pots
Donuts are the best breakfast food ever, so why not bring these sweet and fluffy favorites to your wedding for the perfect midnight snacks? You can even give out Krispy Kremes as favors, or provide donut boxes for guests to take home goodies in!
Are you having a French countryside-inspired wedding? These delicious and colorful little desserts are just the thing you need to complete the French elegance you have already created.
- DIY Floral Macaron Dessert Table Centerpiece
- Salted Caramel French Macaron Recipe
- Easy Edible Glitter Monogram Macarons
Are you sick and tired of cake after all your wedding cake tastings? Variety is the spice of life, so change it up with a cheesecake and pie only dessert table!
- Marvelous Mini Mason Jar Pies
- Adorable Little Mason Jar Cheesecake Bites
- How to Make Pie Pops
- Conversation Heart Cheesecake Bites
- Sweet Mini Blueberry Heart Tarts
- Spectacular Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Unbelievable Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake
- Heavenly Chocolate Ravioli Hearts
Are you having a wedding this Fall? Check out these delectably delicious caramel apple ideas! From a DIY Caramel Apple Bar to caramel apple cake and tarts, there are a variety of ways to incorporate your season into your dessert table ideas!
- Delicious Caramel Apple Bar Idea
- Romantic Hard Apple Cider Recipe
- Ravishing Rose Apple Tart Recipe
- To Die For Caramel Apple Cake Recipe
- Fall Wedding Caramel Apple Bites
- How to Make Candy Apples
Baby, it’s cold outside if you’re having a winter wedding! Help your guests warm up with a delicious hot cocoa bar!
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Bar
- Hot Chocolate Bar Printable Sign
- Mini Hot Cocoa DIY Party Favors
- Hot Chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream Drinks
- Lavender Hot Chocolate Recipe