It’s Day 17 of National Craft Month! These adorable Animal Magnets, designed by Stephenie Hamen from The Vintage Prairie, will make a wonderful addition to any refrigerator. These easy-to-make crafts are perfect to make with your kids, so get crafting! Don’t forget to join us on Periscope for a live-streamed craft every day this month. Plus, scroll down for info on how to win our epic craft giveaways!
Supplies needed for the Animal Magnets:
- Dollar spot plastic animals
- Americana Bay Breeze Blue acrylic paint
- paint brush
- hot glue
- craft knife and scissors
- mini photo frames
- small magnets
- vintage paper
- sanding block
1. Carefully find the line where the pieces of the animal come together and use the craft knife to cut it apart, removing the heads.
2. Paint the animals – two coats should be enough – drying in between coats.
3. Remove the stand from the back of the frame.
4. Remove the clear plastic window from the frame.
5. Trace the frame shapes using the inserts onto the vintage paper and then cut them out, replacing the inserts with the vintage paper.
6. Using a sanding block, sand down the edges of the cut for a flat surface on the base of the heads.
7. Use hot glue to attach the heads to the frames.
8. Add two small magnets to the back of the frames with hot glue.
For more great tutorials, check out Stephenie’s website, thevintageprairie.com!
Don’t forget to check out…
Plus, click the links below for FIVE giveaways from our sponsors!