August is here, which means school is right around the corner. In between trying to squeeze as much summer fun into the few remaining weeks of the season, you also have to start prepping for back to school. This can mean anything from school supply shopping to dusting off last year’s text books for a quick study session to make sure you haven’t forgotten everything you learned last year.
For some people, the prospect of school starting again is an exciting one, but for others, it’s definitely less than fun. One way to brighten your mood about school is by crafting! These 42 Back to School Crafts may not take your mind off school starting, but they might just put you in the right mindset. Be careful, though, you might actually start looking forward to the new school year!
DIY Gifts for Teachers
Start the school year on the right foot by bringing your teacher a gift on the first day of school. Whether it’s just a creative card or a full-blown, carefully-crafted present, show your teacher just how much you appreciate their hard work with these DIY teacher gifts.
- Put It On the Map Gift Bag
- Apple Leaf Card and Snack
- Punny Printable Tea Bag Tags
- You Are Tea-rific Gift
- The Best Handmade Teacher Gift
- Apple Core Spool Card
- Origami Apple Paper Craft
- Tweedle Beetle Battle Bottle Craft
Make Your Own School Supplies
While back-to-school shopping is arguably one of the most fun shopping trips of the year, sometimes you want a more individual take on certain school supplies. Why show up to class with the same notebook as everyone else when you can make your own?
- DIY Colorful Book Covers
- Unbelievably Beautiful Eyelet-Bound Notebooks
- DIY Composition Notebooks
- DIY Book Cloth Cover
- Loveliest Ombre Journal Covers
- Matchbox Book Covers for Office Supplies
- Homemade Locker Accessories
- DIY Papier Mache Pencil Toppers
Reading is fundamental, and if your child is starting to read chapter books, it might be time to invest in a bookmark or two (or eight). Each of these bookmark crafts, from origami bookmarks to quirky printable place markers, will be right at home in any book.
- Cutest Kitty Bookmark
- Seriously Pretty Watercolor DIY Bookmarks
- Origami Tiger Corner Bookmark
- Pocket Origami Bookmark
- Bacon, Pencil, Pickle, Bandage, and Ruler Bookmarks
- Paint Splatter Feather Bookmark
- Prettiest Origami Heart Bookmark
- Easy and Cute Envelope Corner Bookmarks
Study Station Helpers
Homework isn’t anyone’s favorite thing, but with the help of these handy homework planners and organizers, you might be just a little more motivated to do it. Keep track of when assignments are due with one of the to-do lists and keep your extra-curricular activities straight with the printable calendars. You’ll be happy you did.
- Star Student Homework Planner
- Homemade Dry Erase To-Do List
- Snuggly Snow Bunny Sticky Note Holder
- Free Printable To-Do List
- Homemade Hanging Calendar
- My Days Blank Calendar Template
- Free Printable Weekly Planner Pages
- Printable Bookmark and Reading Logs
Educational Games and Worksheets
After a whole summer, you’re bound to forget a few things going into the new school year. Brush up on some of those old lessons in the last few weeks before classes begin with these easy printable games, worksheets, and flashcards.
- Mega Memory Match Game
- Free Printable Weather Game for Kids
- Rainbow Number Game
- Learn the Alphabet Coloring Pages for Kids
- Learning Numbers Coloring Pages for Kids
- Superhero Name Tracing Worksheets
- Printable Alphabet Book for Kids
- Free Printable Alphabet Bingo Cards
- Days to Months Free Printable Flashcards
- Earth and Friends Free Printable Flashcards
What are you most excited about for the new school year?
Paper crafting can be super fun! If you enjoyed making these crafts, consider signing up for AllFreePaperCrafts’ newsletter, The Paper Post.
- Paper Crafts Guaranteed to Help You Beat the Wintertime Blues - January 16, 2019
- 13 of the Most Beautiful Free Printables for Your Home - February 24, 2018
- Enter The FaveCrafts 10 Days of Thanks Giveaway Celebration 2017! - November 8, 2017