We’re so excited for December that we’re running a 12 Days of Christmas giveaway series! Check back with us every day to see a wonderful new craft and prize that you can win through Friday, December 12th, 2014
On the fourth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me a Canvas Ornament Display, by Stephanie Chan for Xyron. Create a special place on the wall just for displaying your child’s clay ornaments they made with love at school. Start with some scrap wood or a wood plaque from the craft store. Use colors of the season or use more neutral colors if you’d like to keep the ornament displayed all year.
Make today’s project!
- Wood plaque or piece of scrap wood (suggested size: 5x7x3/4 inches)
- Craft paint and paint brush
- Adhesives, Xyron 5-inch Creative Station (for adhering large paper pieces) and Xyron 1.5-inch Sicker Maker (for adhering smaller or narrower embellishments)
- Decorative paper, embellishments, trims, fabric scraps
- Letter stamps and ink, for personalization
- Drill and cup hook (or hammer and thin nail)
- Picture hanging hardware
- Scissors or Paper Cutter
- Optional: Sewing machine and thread
- If necessary, sand your piece of wood. Paint the side edges in a color coordinating with your papers and embellishments. Allow to dry.
- Cut out a piece of decorative paper in the same size as the wood surface (or patchwork together several pieces of paper) and run it through you 5” Creative Station or Xyron 510, then adhere it to the front surface of the wood as your background.
- Add embellishments as desired (run trims and paper shapes through the Xyron 1.5” Sticker Maker and adhere to the wood), leaving room in the center for the hook/nail and ornament to hang.
- Decorate the side edges, no more than an inch toward the center, and at the bottom edge, no more than 3 inches toward the center.
- Personalize the display for each child with letter stamps. Add stitching details with your sewing machine if desired.
- Run your fabric name through the 5” Creative Station and adhere on wood.
- Drill a hole about 3/4 inches from the top and screw in cup hook. Or, hammer in a nail at an angle. Apply picture hanging hardware to the back of the wood piece if needed. Follow the directions on the cup hook/picture hanging hardware packaging if provided.
Enter to win today’s prize!
Today’s prize is a collection of Teresa Collins scrapbooking supplies from Xyron. This collection of Teresa Collins scrapbooking supplies includes a Teresa Collins Chipboard Punch, a Teresa Collins Plier Stapler, a Teresa Collins Sticker Maker, a Teresa Collins Mega Runner, and a Teresa Collins Mega Runner Refill. In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite scrapbooking tool to use?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 6, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 5, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Nina H!
You’ve won the collection of Teresa Collins scrapbooking supplies from Xyron. You will receive an email shortly.
There are more great prizes up for grabs in the coming days. Be sure to take advantage of every great giveaway opportunity when you visit our complete listing of giveaways and projects for the 12 Days of Christmas!
BONUS! ENTER TO WIN ALL 12 DAYS OF PRIZES!
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway! You could win everything pictured above.