FaveCrafts is excited to celebrate Creative Living with Sheryl Borden as the show prepares to celebrate its 45th anniversary.
Celebrating the 45th Anniversary of Creative Living with Sheryl Borden
Creative Living with Sheryl Borden is a PBS Lifestyle program that has provided viewers with engaging cooking and crafting content since 1976. Creative Living is shot at the PBS-owned KENW studio at in Portales, New Mexico. Creative Living features a wide variety of crafting and cooking content, including everything from recipes, to nutrition, to yarn crafts, and sewing tips.
The best thing about Creative Living is that the wide variety of content can appeal to just about anyone: men, women, baby boomers, millennials, kids, and more.
FaveCrafts’ Maria Nerius Visits Creative Living
FaveCrafts designer Maria Nerius had the honor of appearing on Creative Living with Sheryl Borden in both 2006 and 2010. Maria plans to visit the Creative Living studios once again this fall to help film and celebrate Creative Living’s 45th anniversary.
Maria taped segments on popular crafting trends, including how to create flowers, pompoms, yarn crafts, paper crafts and card-making, cupcake-related crafting, and mixed-media crafting. Maria’s segments still run in syndication today, and the crafts are viewer favorites that can be made year-round. You can check out Maria’s Creative Living crafts by checking out the various segments below.
For a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to be a featured guest on a television program, be sure to check out Maria’s post on Taping a Segment for a Craft TV Show.
Mixed Media Art Meets Crafts, featuring the following projects:
- Sea Delights (Artist Trading Cards), page 12
- Falling Dominoes (Pendant), page 12
What’s New in Paper Crafting and Card Making, featuring the following projects:
- Ladybug Flight Card, page 21
- Kiss for Two Box, page 21
Yummy Yarns to Crochet and Knit Your Way, featuring the following projects:
- Baby Cap, page 16
- Flowers & Pom Poms, page 16
- School Spirit School Charms, page 16
- Retro Flower Brooch, page 17
Cupcake Party, featuring the following projects:
- Cupcake Stickers, page 18
- Cupcake Whimsy Bracelet, page 18
- Birthday Card, page 19
- A Night of Networking Fun at Creativation 2018 - February 6, 2018
- On Your Mark, Get Set, GO: How to Make a Scarf in 1 Night - January 5, 2018
- A Winter’s Tail: 23 Woodland Critter Crafts - December 15, 2017