Most of the year, you can’t wait for it to be summer. Summer means family beach trips, lounging by the pool, and eating as many popsicles as your body can possibly hold. Around mid-July, though, you start wishing it were any other month. July gets hot. It’s way too hot for the beach or the pool, and no amount of popsicles is going to cool you down. It’s the kind of weather where you don’t ever want to leave your nice, cool, air conditioned house. While you can’t do anything about the temperature outside, you can transform your home into a winter wonderland with a fabulous Christmas in July party.
Christmas in July is a classic party theme for a reason. Its cozy holiday vibes transport anyone who attends the party to beautiful snowy landscapes and cooler temperatures. Cover your house in paper snowflakes and pretty wreaths and you’ll feel like you’re in the middle of December, not July. Christmas in July parties can make you forget all about the blazing heat outside. So crank the AC, throw on your favorite holiday sweater, and get crafting. Your wintery escape awaits!
Season Appropriate DIY Christmas Trees
Probably one of the biggest obstacles to throwing a true Christmas party in the middle of summer is that there is nowhere to buy real Christmas trees, which means you’ll probably have to make your own. No problem, right? This list has several alternative Christmas tree options, from cute tabletop paper trees to a giant coloring page you can stick up on your wall. Don’t let your lack of access to evergreens stop you from getting your holiday party on!
- Styrofoam and Sheet Music Tabletop Tree
- Hanging Felt Christmas Tree
- Giant Christmas Tree Coloring Page Wall Art
- Vintage Sewing Patterns Christmas Tree
- Sheet Music Tabletop Christmas Tree
- Valentine Hearts Tabletop Tree
- Cute Paper Tube Christmas Tree
Wintery Paper Wreaths
Everyone knows proper Christmas decorating practices include wreaths. You simply cannot have a Christmas party without them. Your Christmas supplies are all stored away for the year, though, and you don’t really want to pull them all out right now. Luckily we’ve got you covered with these DIY wreaths. The best news? Many of these paper wreaths are not exclusive to the holiday season and can easily be left up when the party’s over.
- Gorgeous Crepe Paper Holiday Wreaths
- Snowy Coffee Filter Wreath
- Beautiful Rolled Book Page Wreath
- How to Make a Paper Poinsettia Wreath
- Spiral Rose Book Page DIY Wreath
- Tubular Paper Wreath for Kids
- Mixed Material Paper Flower DIY Wreath
Let it Snow Paper Crafts
There’s still one Christmas party requirement missing, and it’s a big one: snow. Isn’t snow the whole point of having a Christmas in July party? There is no better way to beat that mid-summer heat than a chilly snowfall. It may not be snowing outside, but that doesn’t mean you have to go without the frosty flakes. From paper snowflakes to snow-covered mini trees, let this list help you achieve those white Christmas dreams.
- Shimmery Silver Spiral Snowflakes
- Most Beautiful Medallion Paper Snowflakes
- Little Top Hat 3D Snowman Framed Art
- Elegant Snowflake Garland
- Dazzling Snowflake Window Clings
- Snow-Kissed Cardboard Mini Trees
- Snowy Scene Winter Landscape
Which crafts will you make for your Christmas in July party?
Can’t get enough of paper crafts? Subscribe to AllFreePaperCraft’s newsletter, The Paper Post for updates on cool new paper craft projects.
- 19 Handmade Birthday Cards - May 7, 2020
- 12 EGGceptional Paper Easter Baskets and Treat Boxes - March 7, 2020
- 13 of the Most Beautiful Free Printables for Your Home - February 20, 2020