With only a month left until Christmas, it’s never too soon to start decorating for the holidays. From Christmas trees to the nativity scene, holiday decorating is one of my favorite things to do! That’s why I’ve gathered for you and the kids these 19 Christmas Ornaments to Start Now in order to get your family into the Christmas spirit. They can make easy recycled craft ornaments for items around the house or even get artsy with these ornament painting ideas. They’ll be like little elves in a workshop while making these fun decorations for your tree.
When I was younger, I loved making my own Christmas tree ornaments. My sister and I both went to daycare while our parents worked, and during the month of December, we’d bring home arms full of homemade Christmas decorations. We’d make anything from candy canes to snowmen to snowflakes. You name it. We made it! My personal favorite was making Toy Story inspired ornaments. It was the first movie I’d seen in theaters, so Woody made a guest appearance on our tree there for several years. You’ll love having cute memories like these from your own kids. My mom still laughs at my Toy Story ornament obsession as a child, and you’ll love to see what fun and adorable crafts your little ones will come up with too!
Painted Ornament Ideas
It’s safe to say that painting crafts will always be a hit with the kids, and they’ll love having their festive artwork hanging up on the tree this Christmas. There are even some great handprint and finger painting ideas for some adorable tiny finger treasures for your tree!
- Five Finger Snowman Ornaments
- Fingerprint Homemade Christmas Ornaments from Plaid
- Swirled Paint Glass Ball Ornaments
- Painted Penguin Wood Ornaments
- Glitter and Glam CD Ornaments
- Drip Painted Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Recycled Ornament Ideas
Who knew such beautiful Christmas tree decorations could come out of your recycling bin? These easy recycled crafts are an inexpensive way to get the kids crafting for the holidays.
- Gorgeous Toilet Tube Snowflake Ornament
- Playful Penguin Snowglobe Ornaments
- Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Tree Craft
- Coffee Cup Lid Snowman Ornament
- Bottle Cap Reindeer
- Egg Carton Bell Ornaments
Beads n’ Buttons Ornament Ideas
There are some Christmas tree ornaments that need a special intricate touch to their design like gorgeous snowflake crafts. These are great ornament crafts for your older children, and the beading designs will look wonderful on the tree along with the button crafts.
- Beaded Snowflake Ornaments
- Adorable Button Santa Ornament
- Beaded Safety Pin Mini Christmas Tree
- Beaded Wreath Ornaments
- Button Wreath Ornaments
- Simple Beaded Christmas Ornaments
- Adorable Button Candy Cane Ornaments
If the kids need more ornament inspiration, have them make some of these in our Christmas Crafts for Kids: 18 Homemade Christmas Ornaments free eBook!
What are your family’s favorite holiday traditions?
- 28 DIY Summer Kids Crafts - June 29, 2022
- Teach Kids About Math, Sorting, and Food With This DIY Grocery Store Notepad - June 28, 2022
- Under the Sea: 16 Easy Kids’ Crafts Inspired by Mermaids, Sea Creatures, and the Ocean - June 15, 2022