The kids are out of school for summer, the weather is glorious and it’s time to fire up the grill! Why not make that summer BBQ or summer picnic with some of these great summer party ideas. From easy-to-craft DIY Party Decorations and fun picnic ideas, you will easily find something here that will spruce up that summer shin-dig. Many of these crafts are easy enough for the kids to get involved in, so you’ll be able to kick back sooner than expected and enjoy that fun summer party. These are all great ideas for Memorial Day grill outs, parties for 4th of July or just a summer evening bonfire. If you have a child with a summer birthday, any of these ideas could work as well, just change the color theme as needed and VOILA! you’ve got almost instant DIY party decorations.
DIY Party Decorations
- DIY Memorial Day Garland – you don’t have to use Red, White and Blue – but it sure does say “YAY SUMMER!” to us!
- Burlap Stars and Stripes Bunting
- Nautical Painted Napkins – Pick a color, any color, and you’ve got festive napkins to decorate your summer party with.
- Memorial Day Front Door Star
- String of Lantern Lights – Easy as apple pie to make with big results!
- Stars and Stripes Utensil Crock
- Delicate DIY Paper Lanterns – Keep the party going after dark with these fun and festive DIY paper lanterns.
Summer Party Ideas
- Doodle Picnic Ideas – This is a great idea if you have lots of small kids around during party time. Keep them entertained and safe.
- Much Loved Mason Jar Lanterns – Masons jar lanterns look festive no matter where you hang them.
- Mason Jar BBQ Party Favors
- BBQ Apron for Him – Give the master of the grill something special to show you care!
- Happy Hot Dog Trays
- Patriotic Wine Glass Name Tags – Keep track of who had which drink with this super simple craft project.
- Patriotic Crocheted Cup Cozy
- Burlap Utensil Holders
- Vintage Picnic Blanket – A picnic just isn’t a picnic without something pretty to sit on.
- Crochet Mason Jar Coozie – one of our newest patterns, and already in our top 10 summer projects!
- Patriotic Crochet Can Cozy
- Striped Crochet Can Cozy
- Pretty Picnic Utensil Holders – This is a great last minute picnic craft idea that the kids can get involved in.
Win two rolls Chevron Shape Tape from FrogTape! Decorate walls, furniture, floors, and more with this innovative painter’s tape. The deadline to enter is May 31, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. Shape Tape looks great no matter how it’s arranged. Try horizontal, vertical, or even diagonal placement to give your home a fresh perspective. Head over to Allfreeholidaycrafts.com to enter!
What is your favorite summer activity?
- 19 Post-Halloween Pumpkin Craft Ideas - November 14, 2019
- 9 DIY Costumes Guaranteed to Win the Costume Contest - October 17, 2019
- 9 Unique Autumn Crafts and Decorations - October 1, 2019