Keeping your kids entertained is especially important in the summer. With so much free time, it’s important to have fun activities planned for your kids. These 28 DIY summer kids crafts will ensure your kids have a fun-filled season. These crafts celebrate the best parts of summer including going to the beach, spending time in the garden, and commemorating Independence Day. Start your summer festivities with these crafts for the whole family!
DIY Summer Kids Crafts
These crafts are sorted by the aspect of summer they celebrate, so you can host themed crafting weeks in preparation for a big trip or event. We’ve also included a few of our favorite summer crafts that your kids will love creating at any point in the summer. Try one or more of our summer kids crafts with your family today while enjoying the freedom and warmth of the mid-year months.
A Trip to the Beach
- Tropical Shell Fish
- Seashell Fairies
- Jellyfish Light Ocean Crafts
- Sand Castle Craft
- Everlasting Sandcastles
- Octopus Puffy Paint Craft
- Summer S’mores Starfish Snack
- Melted Crayon Art Tropical Fish Suncatchers
- Summertime Sunshine Flip Flop Cookies
- Styrofoam Cup Crabs
A Walk in the Garden
- Hand Painted Flower Pots
- Recycled CD Wind Spinner
- Eggshell Seedling Planters
- Kid Made Turtle Herb Planters
- Toilet Paper Roll Fairy House
- Gnome Garden Craft
- Melted Crayon Friendship Rocks
A Celebration of Independence Day
- Popsicle Stick American Flag
- Coffee Filter Firework Flowers
- Printable Patriotic Pinwheels
- Firecracker Shakers
- 4th of July Sidewalk Chalk Stars
Simply Summer Favorites
- Unexpected Plastic Egg Fireflies
- Squirt Gun Watercolor Painting
- Paper Plate Fruity Fun
- Glow in the Dark Butterflies
- Rainbow Recycled Wind Chimes
- Majestic Clothespin Butterflies
These are a few of our favorite summer kids crafts. Now you and your children can find their favorites to make all summer! Keep your kids entertained while they enjoy being home from school with these exciting kids crafts.
Want more kids crafts delivered straight to your inbox? Be sure to sign up for the FREE CraftPaperScissors newsletter!
What are your favorite summer crafts? Share them in the comments below!