It’s Day 3 of National Craft Month! This delightful wreath, designed by Dondi Richardson of Make It: Fun Crafts, is the perfect way to welcome spring into your home. Made with bright colors and using fabric scraps you already own, this easy wreath craft makes home decor a snap. Don’t forget to join us on Periscope for a live-streamed craft every day this month. Plus, scroll down for info on how to win our epic craft giveaways!
Supplies needed for the Fabric and Trim “Hello” Wreath:
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam: Wreath: 16”
- (4) Coordinating Fabric Strips: 3” x 45”
- Cotton Lace Trim: 2 Styles
- Fabric Flower Trim: 2 Styles
- Crocheted Flowers
- String: Pink
- 1.25” Frayed Ribbon: White
- Fabric Paint or Marker
- Round Head Pins
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Straight Pins
- Craft Needle
Skill Level: Beginner
- Cut fabric into 3” x 45” strips. You will need four strips of coordinating fabric to cover the wreath. Attach the first strip of fabric to the back of the wreath with a straight pin and begin wrapping around, slightly overlapping each wrap. Pin the fabric again at the back of the wreath where you stop. Attach the next fabric strip to the wreath and continue wrapping. Repeat to completely cover the wreath.
- Cut lace and trim into 8” lengths. Pin the lengths around the wreath between each color transition of fabric as shown.
- Cut two 1” x 12” strips of fabric and tie around the wreath over the contrasting colors of fabric.
- Attach the crocheted flowers using the round head pins to embellish the wreath.
- Cut five 4” pieces of the frayed ribbon to create the hanging banner. Cut a “V” in the bottom of each piece as shown. Use the fabric paint or marker to write “hello” across the ribbon pieces and allow to dry. Fold the ribbon over at the top of each letter and glue at the back to create a hem. Thread the letters onto the string using a craft needle. Position the banner onto the wreath and attach at the back of the wreath with a straight pin to secure.
Don’t forget to check out…
Plus, click the links below for FIVE giveaways from our sponsors!