Warm neutrals and soft colors are perfect for fall craft projects, especially when they bring to mind the fall harvest. This easy peyote stitch DIY bracelet project combines delicious orange and yellow with pastel neutrals to make a pretty autumn DIY accessory.
Fall Flower Friendship Bracelet Pattern
- 8 yards of Fireline or other beading thread
- 2 grams each size 11/o seed beads in cream, light beige, yellow, pale orange, and terracotta
- 2 yellow 4mm glass druks or round beads
- Attach a stop bead to a comfortable length of thread, leaving a 6 inch tail. Pick up 10 beige seed beads, and slide them down. Pick up 1 beige seed bead and, skipping the last bead added, pass through the next bead and pull snug.
- Pick up 1 beige seed bead, skip a bead, and stitch through the next bead in the base. Pull snug. Add 3 more seed beads this way to finish the row.
- Turn the beadwork, and pick up 1 beige seed bead. Stitch through the nearest raised bead from the previous row, and pull snug. Add 4 more beads to finish the row.
- Add 2 more rows of peyote stitch in beige. For the remainder of the bracelet, each color will have 6 rows. In the next row, add 2 cream, 1 terracotta, and 2 cream.
- In the following row, add 2 cream, 2 terracotta, and 1 cream. You can now see the first flower motif forming. To complete it, add a new color to the center of the terracotta in the next row, and 2 terracotta beads in the following row. Finish with a single terracotta bead.
- Continue adding new rows of base color in a repeating pattern of beige, cream, yellow, orange. You can begin new flowers from any of the center 3 stitches of a given row. Remember to switch to a new base color after three rows. Alternate the colors at the center of each flower, or use one color throughout.
- When the beadwork is about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of the desired length, weave in your threads. Attach a stop bead to about 30 inches of thread, and weave across the edge of the bracelet to exit from a raised bead.
- Pick up 5 matching seed beads, 1 druk, and 2 seed beads. Skipping the last bead added, pass back through all but the first seed bead picked up.
- Pick up 1 seed bead, and pass through the same raised bead in the base. Weave through the new beadwork once more to secure, then add a second druk to this edge. Secure the thread and trim.
- Attach a stop bead to the remaining thread and weave into the opposite edge of the bracelet, exiting from a raised bead. Pick up 4 matching seed beads, plus enough to make a loop that fits your druk – about 18 seed beads. Pass back through the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th bead added.
- Pick up 1 seed bead, and stitch through the same raised bead. Weave through the loop once more and test the fit on the druk. Add a second loop, then weave in any remaining thread and trim.
What are your favorite fall colors?
- Fall Flower Friendship Bracelet Pattern - September 28, 2015
- Jewelry Around the World Day 5: Egyptian Jewel Friendship Bracelet Pattern - August 21, 2015