I can’t even tell you how many times I spent picking out the perfect colors for my best friends’ friendship bracelets. It was important to me to mix my favorite colors with theirs because we were best friends and it was like we were wearing a bit of each other on our wrists. I was always terrible at weaving the thread bracelets, but I tried anyway because I’ve always liked to give things to my friends. Friendship bracelets aren’t just for young kids anymore; I actually made friendship bracelets in college as a “throwback” to our childhood. We weren’t the only ones either because we saw homemade thread bracelets on a lot of wrists on campus.
The art of friendship bracelet patterns is actually a form of macrame, which is when you tie knots to form intricate patterns (and if you want to get really fancy, you can work in beads to your design). If you’d like to add even more meaning to your friendship bracelet, then you can choose your colors based on traits associated with those colors.
- Red is associated with strength and energy.
- Yellow is playful and inspiring.
- Orange has a positive effect on emotions and stands for curiosity.
- Green is the color of nature, of course. It suggests stability and endurance.
- Blue symbolizes trust, loyalty and wisdom.
- Purple is associated with independence and creativity.
- White stands for light and goodness and black stands for strength and authority.
If your friends have any of those traits or a combination thereof, it will be a very special moment when you tell your friends what their colors mean.
There are many variations of the friendship bracelet and they aren’t all made with thread or string. Many of them now are made on a Rainbow Loom or you can make them out of different materials like leather or even duct tape. There are endless friendship bracelet ideas, so there are no wrong ways to make your friends feel special when you give them a friendship bracelet you made yourself.
Friendship Bracelet Patterns to Make for Your Besties:
- Elegant Rainbow Loom Bracelet
- Twisty Friendship Bracelet Pattern
- Zipper Bracelets
- Trendy Simple Stick Bracelet
Which bracelet are you going to make for your friend?
- 28 DIY Summer Kids Crafts - June 18, 2019
- 10 Friendship Bracelet Patterns to Make This Summer - June 11, 2019
- Under the Sea: 16 Easy Kids’ Crafts Inspired by Mermaids, Sea Creatures, and the Ocean - June 6, 2019