Halloween will be here before you know it! By now, you might be scrambling to figure out what the heck you’re going to be this year. If you need a last-minute Halloween costume, but don’t want to waste time at the Halloween store and blow mega bucks on a costume you’re (most likely) never going to wear again, fear not, because we have done some of the leg work for you!
Below, you will find six super easy Halloween costume ideas to make with things around your house. The best part? No sewing required! That’s right– each and every one of these homemade Halloween costume ideas can be assembled without the help of a needle and thread. Music to my ears!
Find our six favorites below, plus find even more clever no-sew Halloween costumes here!
6 Last-Minute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas:
- Scarecrow: For this easy Halloween costume, all you need is a plaid shirt, jeans, boots, and a sun hat and you’ll quickly transform into a friendly autumn scarecrow. Assorted flowers and straw add an optional finishing touch.
- Minion: Bello! By now, it’s impossible not to love these little yellow guys. Now you can be one yourself with the help of a yellow t-shirt, jeans (or overalls), black suspenders, black gloves, and a yellow beanie. Watch our free video tutorial to learn how to use black pipe cleaners for Minion hair, and how ridiculously easy it is to make your Minion eyes with goggles and mason jars.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle: We can’t promise that this easy Halloween costume will give you real Turtle Power, but we can ensure that you will be the hit of any Halloween party you attend this year. Use a foil baking pan and green spray paint to make a DIY turtle shell, and cut up an old t-shirt for your mask (you can use light blue, red, purple, or yellow, depending on which Turtle you want to be).
Pirate: Ahoy, matey! Grab a plain white t-shirt, black pants/jeans, boots, a red scarf, and a red bandana; you’ll be looking just like Captain Jack Sparrow in no time! Take your DIY Halloween costume up a notch with a black eye-patch.
- Stick Figure: Turn yourself into a stick figure with white pants, a long-sleeved white shirt, and some black electrical tape. Use a white paper plate for your face by drawing a smile and cutting out two holes for your eyes. LED lights are optional 🙂
- Bunch of Grapes: This might be one of the funniest homemade Halloween costume ideas ever, and all you need is a handful of purple balloons and some safety pins! Complete the look with a green leaf (real or fake).
For even more homemade Halloween costume ideas, check out this collection of 100+ DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids, Adults, and Pets. You’ll find the perfect costume for every member of the family!