It’s Day 10 of National Craft Month! Today’s tutorial is brought to you by Tanner Bell from A Little Craft in Your Day. He’ll be showing you how to make these gorgeous geode trinket boxes – perfect for giving as gifts or keeping for yourself! Don’t forget to join us on Periscope for a live-streamed craft every day this month. Plus, scroll down for info on how to win our epic craft giveaways!
I’m always needed a cool gift wrap idea and I know you’re looking for something to put a gift in. I found this geode trinket box for over $50 at a department store. Today we’re going to put a DIY spin to it and make it for less than $10. Are you ready? Gather your favorite Americana Chalky Finish colors and Decou-Page to create this fun project!
Supplies : Americana Decou-Page | Americana Chalky Finish | Americana Decou-Page Papers | Paper Mache Boxes | Geode’s | E6000 | Foam Brush
1. Paint your paper mache boxes with your Chalky Finish colors. Be sure that this color works well with your Decou-Page papers. We’re sharing two different trinket boxes ideas today. I used Americana Chalky Finish Lace and Americana Chalky Finish Heirloom.
2. Take your Decou-Page Papers and cut out a outline of the lid. You will want to make sure you leave enough to go around the edges. I used Vintage Silhouette and Olde Worlde Decou-Page paper packs.
3. Now follow the instructions on your Decou-Page to apply your paper to your paper mache box lid. The Decou-Page papers are made for this. Be sure to apply a nice even coat.
4. Now glue your geode to your trinket box using your E6000 glue. Be sure to use this glue in a well ventilated area.
This will be the perfect little box to give as a gift to someone special in your life or you can make it for yourself. Use colors that match your room to make it fit with the decor. I think this will look great on a desk, nightstand, or shelf. The possibilities are endless. Leave me a comment and tell me which one you’d like to make! For more fun craft projects, check out A Little Craft in Your Day!
Don’t forget to check out…
Plus, click the links below for FIVE giveaways from our sponsors!
- Geode Trinket Box: National Craft Month Project & Giveaways - March 10, 2016