It’s Day 20 of National Craft Month! This beautiful paper craft, designed by Amber Kemp-Gerstel, will make your stationary POP! These bright and shiny notecards make wonderful thank you notes, invitations, or just turn a regular letter into a fun experience! Don’t forget to join us on Periscope for a live-streamed craft every day this month. Plus, scroll down for info on how to win our epic craft giveaways!
Supplies needed for the Gold Foil Edged Notecards:
- Metal Foil Tape in Copper
- Cardstock trimmed to A2 size (i.e. 4.25″ x 5.5″)
- Craft Knife
- Stamp set with cute greeting – I used the Wplus9 Handwritten Hello
- Bone folder
- Gold pigment ink
Skill Level: Beginner to Mid Level Crafter
1. Place metal tape along the edge of the notecard
2. Repeat this along all edges, allowing a little bit of the tape to hang off each edge.
3. Clean up the corners by creating mitered corners with your craft knife and ruler. Place the ruler at an angle at the corner, and gently drag the craft knife against the ruler to cut through the tape but not through the entire notecare.
4. Peel off any excess tape that hangs beyond your miter cut to get clean, neat corners.
5. Use the bone folder to smooth out the edges and make sure the metal tape is well adhered.
To finish off your notecards, you can stamp a cute sentiment onto the top. To keep with the goldness of it all, I used my Delicata gold pigment ink which is just the best.There are lots of ways to create true gold on your paper crafted projects and most times, you would used heat embossing, but sometimes I’m just too impatient for that!
In addition to these easy notecards, I added coordinating, lined envelopes in a rainbow of bold colors. The patterned paper from Pink Paislee Luxe Collection features beautiful foil patterns that work perfectly here.
Check out more full tutorials on Amber Kemp-Gerstel’s website!
Don’t forget to check out…
Plus, click the links below for FIVE giveaways from our sponsors!