We are bringing back our most popular holiday contest again and giving you a chance to enter to win a prize a day. Today marks the beginning of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. From Monday, December 1st until Friday, December 12th, we here at CraftPaperScissors will be running a different giveaway each day. Check back with us every day to see a wonderful new craft and prize that you can win!
Today is the first day in our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the first day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me Hand-Dyed Wooden Ornaments from Rit Dye Studio. Turn an unfinished wood ornament into a colorful, personalized place card, party favor, or gift topper with Rit Dye. They also look great on your tree!
Make today’s project!
- Rit Dye, liquid, in the color of choice
- Unfinished wood ornament
- Sharpie oil-based pen for wood in silver or gold
- Rubber or latex gloves
- Measuring cup
- Large metal spoon
- Paper towels
- Table cover or newspaper
- Cover work surface with a plastic table cover or old newspaper.
- Sand unfinished wood items lightly. Brush off dust.
- Shake dye bottle before measuring. Wearing latex gloves, measure and mix 1/2 cup Rit Dye with 6 cups very hot water; stir well. If water is not hot enough, heat some in a teakettle or in the microwave. Test dye color with a paper towel. If color is too light, add more dye; if color is too dark, add more water. Dye will appear lighter when dry.
- Dip wooden ornament into dye bath for a few minutes or until desired shade is achieved. Remove and dry on paper towels. Repeat for each ornament.
To create table settings:
- After ornaments are completely dry, write name of person on each ornament for place settings using a Sharpie silver or gold oil based pen for wood.
Enter to win today’s prize!
Today’s prize is the Color Perfect Dye Collection and Apron from Rit Dye Studio. The Color Perfect Dye Collection comes with six boxes of Rit Color Perfect dye in several vibrant shades and an apron to keep you clean while crafting. In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What is your favorite type of Christmas ornament to make?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 3, 2014 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, December 2, 2014 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED! Be sure to check out more great giveaway opportunities below!
Congratulations to Tina Page!
You’ve won the Color Perfect Dye Collection and Apron from Rit Dye Studio. You will receive an email shortly.
There are more great prizes up for grabs in the coming weeks. Be sure to take advantage of every great giveaway opportunity when you visit our complete listing of giveaways and projects for the 12 Days of Christmas!
BONUS! ENTER TO WIN ALL 12 DAYS OF PRIZES!
Enter to win all 12 Presents from the 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway! You could win everything pictured above.