Sometimes I finish what I thought would be a beautiful scrapbook page or greeting card, only to be underwhelmed by it. After setting it aside, I will often turn to simple embellishments and suddenly my project will “pop.”
I’ve gathered a few of my favorite easy embellishment techniques, and I hope that they will help you add that extra little bit of pizazz to your projects. This collection is full of ideas that you can apply to any paper craft project, whether you are making a greeting card, home decor or a scrapbooking layout. Check out the projects below and let your imagination run wild!
Using Buttons in Homemade Scrapbook Layouts and Greeting Card Ideas
Adding Ribbon to DIY Greeting Cards and More
Chances are, you have a bit of ribbon laying around. Why not add them to your projects to spruce them up a touch more? Adding an easy-to-make bow to a greeting card or layout is an easy way to show you put a little extra thought into the finished project. Not only will the bow look sweet, but your project will look fantastic.
Glitter is often a love-hate topic. Some people just love it, and others prefer not to use it. I happen to love glitter. Adding a little bit of glitter to any project adds just the right amount of shine and sparkle. You can glitter embellish more than just cards and scrapbook layouts, too. Try sprucing up some of your home decor items with a fun glitter embellishment, as well.
More Easy Scrapbooking Embellishment Ideas
- Home for the Holidays Car with Glue Dot Embellishment
- Beautiful Birds Nest Embellishment
- Radiant Quilled Butterfly
- Stitchy Scrapbook Layouts
- Simple Paper Banner Embellishment
We have to know: Is glitter allowed in your house?
- 12 EGGceptional Paper Easter Baskets and Treat Boxes - March 7, 2020
- 13 of the Most Beautiful Free Printables for Your Home - February 20, 2020
- Paper Crafts Guaranteed to Help You Beat the Wintertime Blues - January 9, 2020