I just love paper don’t you? It’s such a versatile material and even though it seems fraile it can be really strong. Strong enough to create 3D projects like the one I’m sharing today. Today I want to show you how to make a paper box in a fast and easy technique. All you need are two pieces of 12×12 cardstock. They don’t even need to be double sided.
Let’s get started! Follow the steps and see how easy it is.
- Fold the paper diagonally, corner to corner. Open the paper and fold the other two corners.
- Open the paper and fold all four corners into the center.
- Open the paper. Fold one corner to the fold line shown in photo. repeat with other corners.
- Open the paper. Fold all four corners to the fold line shown in photo.
- Open paper. Mark two lines as shown in photo. Repeat on opposite side.
- Cut paper where mark is. Repeat on opposite side.
- Fold corner to closest fold line. Repeat on opposite side.
- Fold again. Repeat opposite side.
- Fold sides inwards. Repeat on opposite side.
- Fold both sides towards the center to create two side walls.
- Fold other two sides over the walls. Repeat on opposite side.
- Add a little glue to the corner of paper so the box will be secure.
One part of the box is ready! To create the bottom part of the box you need trim 1/4″ from the paper size. In order to do that trin 1/4″ from two sides of paper. Then repeat the steps. The bottom part will fit under the top part and all you need to do is embellish your box.
This box will be perfect as a gift filled with chocolates or other surprises. You can change the colors and patterns of the paper to match the gift recipient and the gift theme.
Join the new VIP Room where every month you’ll get new class grade video tutorials, be the first to hear about new products and get access to printables, patterns, have more chances to win fabulous giveaways and much, much more!
Don’t miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter
Have fun creating!
What would you fill the box with?