In the age of social media, it seems like the pressure is greater than ever to have a picture-perfect DIY wedding. After all, if you don’t post a bunch of pictures on Instagram, did it ever really happen? In all seriousness, you don’t need to feel overwhelmed by the prospect of making your wedding the greatest day of all time, because even if the DJ plays the wrong first dance song or your dad steps on your veil during the ceremony, your wedding day will be perfect to you and your spouse. No matter what happens or how the decor turns out, you’re marrying your best friend and life partner. Hey, that’s pretty great!
That being said, it never hurts to add a little bit of extra sparkle to your wedding day and these 21 Instagram-Worthy DIY Wedding Backdrops certainly do the trick. Who doesn’t love a photo booth? I was lucky enough to have a photo booth at my wedding and it definitely took the reception to the next level. Looking through the snapshots after your big day is downright hilarious – especially if you provide silly props. For all you crafty brides, it’s time to show off your skills by making one of these unbelievable backdrops. All you need is a camera on a tripod and the aforementioned props and you’ve got yourself an instant photo booth without the professional price tag. Genius!
21 Instagram-Worthy DIY Wedding Backdrops
These wow-worthy DIY wedding backdrops will definitely add a special touch to your wedding day decor. Browse the list below to find the backdrop that speaks to you the most and then get to work! You can even recruit your bridal party to help you complete your project. Whether you’re a traditional bride going for a classic look or an off-the-beaten-path bride who wants a unique wedding, we have the perfect option for you.
Traditional Wedding Backdrops (with a twist)!
- Elegant Wax Paper Backdrop – pictured
- Gorgeous White Paper Flower Backdrop
- Cascading Paper Flower Backdrop
- Dip Dyed Photo Backdrop
- 1,000 Paper Crane Backdrop
- Cascading Flower DIY Wedding Backdrop
Quirky and Unexpected DIY Backdrops
- Ombre DIY Photo Booth Background
- Colorful Geometric DIY Wedding Backdrop
- DIY Gold Fringe Photobooth Backdrop
- Innovative Straw Wedding Backdrop
- Sweet as Honey Geometric Backdrop
- Polka Dot Backdrop
- DIY Harvest Moon Backdrop – pictured
- Balloons and Flowers DIY Wedding Backdrop
- Sparkle and Shine Heart Backdrop
DIY Banner Backdrops
- Forever and Ever Glitter Banner
- Starfish Bunting Banner
- Easy Sequin Word Banner – pictured
- Darling Doily Vintage Wedding Banner
- DIY Yarn Tassel Garland
- Ribbon Bunting Banner
Would you make a DIY backdrop for your wedding?
- Some Dresses Are Worth Melting For: Disney Princess Wedding Inspiration - May 11, 2020
- DIY Wedding Favor Roundup: 27 Wedding Favor Ideas Your Guests Will Love - April 23, 2020
- 20 Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas for Every Season - March 3, 2020