Today is Day 9 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the ninth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me…the Christmas Tutu and T-Shirt from Leisure Arts!
Note: Our model is wearing a 10” long tutu.
EITHER LENGTH TUTU:
- 11/2 yards of 11/2″ wide red satin ribbon for waist tie
- 21/2 yards each of 1/8″ wide red satin ribbon and 1/4″ wide white satin ribbon
- Six 18mm green jingle bells
- Low temp glue gun and glue sticks
10″ LONG TUTU:
- 10 yards each of 6″ wide white glitter, green glitter dot, and red glitter dot tulle
18″ LONG TUTU:
- 18 yards each of 6″ wide white glitter, green glitter dot, and red glitter dot tulle
- White T-shirt
- 1/4 yard of 6″ wide red glitter dot tulle
- 12″ length of 3/8″ wide red satin ribbon
- 9″ length of 1/8″ wide white satin ribbon
- 18mm green jingle bell
- Iron-on letters
- Red and white sewing thread
- Tracing paper
To make the Christmas Tutu and T-shirt:
Refer to the General Instructions when making the tutu.
For the tutu, use tulle to make a Basic Tutu, alternating the colors as desired. Cut the white and red ribbon into six 15″ lengths. Holding one of each ribbon together, tie a bow, catching a bell in the knot. Tie six bows. Glue the bows to the tutu as desired.
For the T-shirt, trace the heart pattern onto tracing paper and cut out. Use the pattern to cut eight tulle hearts. Stack the tulle hearts and securely tack together at the center. Tie the white ribbon into a bow and tack to the tulle hearts. Tie the red ribbon into a bow, catching the bell in the knot. Arrange the red bow, letters, and heart on the T-shirt. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to adhere the letters; tack the bow and heart to the T-shirt.
MAKING THE BASIC TUTU
These tutus are quick and easy to make. Because they tie on with ribbon, they’ll fit sizes 2 to 8. You just need to decide the finished length, either 10″ long or 18″ long. Complete tulle and ribbon yardages for each length are given with each project.
To make the basic tutu, you‘ll need 11/2″ wide ribbon for the waist tie, 6″ wide tulle on rolls (see individual projects for colors and amounts), tape measure, and scissors.
To make cutting the tulle lengths easier, mark the work surface with tape pieces placed 20″ apart for the shorter tutu or 36″ apart for the longer tutu. Cut tulle strips the determined length. If you are using ribbons in your tutu, cut them in the same manner.
Tie a double or triple knot about 15″ from each end of waist tie. The tulle and ribbon strips will be knotted onto the waist tie between the knots.
Fold a tulle length in half. Bring the tulle ends around the waist tie close to an end knot and pull the tulle ends through the loop. Pull the knot snug.
Continue adding tulle lengths, pushing the pieces close together on the waist tie. Ribbon lengths are added in the same manner, placing them between the tulle strips. The tulle ends may be knotted, trimmed diagonally, or trimmed to points.
MAKING THE BASIC POM-POM
To make the basic tulle pom-pom, you‘ll need a 12″ length of 1/8″w ribbon for the tie, 6″ lengths of 6″ wide tulle (see individual projects for colors and amounts), ruler, and scissors.
Stack the tulle squares and accordion pleat the
tulle pieces. Securely tie the center with the ribbon.
Being careful to not cut the ribbon ties, trim the pom-pom to the desired size.
Adult Coloring Book Bundle
Enter to win a prize bundle from Leisure Arts including five adult coloring books. Often a great way to relieve stress and to relax, coloring is a fun activity for all ages. These coloring books feature advanced designs for adults, and the pages are so beautiful, they’re all works of art!
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What do you do to relieve stress or relax during the holidays?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 14, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until December 11, 2015 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
This Contest has ended. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas series. There are still 3 chances to win!
Congrats to Candice!
You’ve won the Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books!
Plus, enter to win the 12 Days of Christmas Grand Prize Giveaway!
The deadline to enter is December 15, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern time.
- 35+ St. Patrick’s Day Crafts To Make You Feel Irish - March 11, 2019
- 17 Spring Jewelry Designs that are Giving Us Life - March 9, 2019
- Bundle Up: 25 Winter Accessories to Keep You Warm - January 21, 2019