I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite activities as a kid was going to the beach on a hot summer day and spending countless hours in the water and playing in the sand. I was a self-described beach bum, and I wanted to be there every day. Unfortunately for me that wasn’t possible. With these Life’s a Beach: 29 Kids Beach Crafts you’ll find everything from ocean animal crafts to beach art projects for rainy days or when going to the beach just isn’t in the forecast.
If your kids love the beach like I did, you’ll have a blast with some of my favorite beach themed crafts for kids that will feel just like the real thing.
Ocean Animal Crafts
There’s something truly fascinating about sea creatures because they’re so colorful and unique, which makes them especially great kids summer crafts. Your kids will love these vibrant animals that you don’t often get to see unless you’re lucky enough to live by the ocean. Make a smiling beaded jellyfish or cute bottle-cap fishies for some fun beach crafts and a good way to learn about everyone’s favorite marine animals.
Best of all, many of these ocean animals are recyclable crafts you can make from things you would normally throw away. They’re inexpensive, cute, and they help the environment. It’s a win-win for you and your kids!
- Perfectly Preschool Egg Carton Jellyfish
- Kid’s Favorite Finding Dory Craft
- Styrofoam Cup Crabs
- Bottle Cap Fishies
- Jumpin Jellyfish Coffee Filter Craft
- Cute as a Button Fishy
- Precious Pom Pom Sea Creatures Craft
- Mister Seahorse Window Hangers
- Fishy Toilet Roll Ocean Craft
- Fish Bowl Lanterns
- Beachy Plate Sand Dollars
- Melted Crayon Art Tropical Fish Suncatchers
- Nautical Starfish Wall Art
Seashell Beach Crafts
I love these adorable seashell crafts because they give you an excuse to go to the beach and collect seashells. Or, you can always go to the store and buy a few! Seashells are great for decorating, making little seashell fish, or even creative seashell fairies for your little one who loves fairytales. You’ll find so many different ways to use seashells with these nature crafts!
- Tropical Shell Fish
- Seashell Crabs Tic Tac Toe Game
- Pretty Painted Seashells
- Seashell Fairies
- Melted Crayon Seashell Art
- Seashell Beach Buddies
- Mermaid-Inspired DIY Hair Accessories
Fun in the Sun Beach Art Projects
If you can’t actually go to the beach, these beachy art project ideas will bring all the best parts right to you. Make a paper plate beach scene with real sand and shells or some everlasting sandcastles that won’t wash away in the water! Here you’ll find all sorts of crafty projects for kids from beach home decor to decorative watercolor paintings you’ll all enjoy.
- Tropical Clay and Jello Beach
- Everlasting Sandcastles
- High Tide DIY Wreath
- No H20 Aquarium
- Toilet Paper Roll Mermaid
- Upcycled Sea Aquarium DIY Vase
- Neptune’s World Crayon Resist Art
- Summertime Flip Flops Journal
- Nautical Silhouette Watercolor Art
What’s your favorite kids beach craft?
Let us know below!
If you liked these fun summer beach crafts, subscribe to the AllFreeKidsCrafts newsletter for more crafts just like these delivered right to your inbox!
- How to Make a Fidget Spinner in 3 Exciting Ways! - May 21, 2020
- 12 Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids - March 28, 2020
- Celebrate In Style:DIY Bunting and Banners for any Occasion - March 16, 2020