It’s time to wrap your presents. Get ideas and gather your supplies because it’s time to ramp it up and make those presents a little more special!
Here’s how you can make a nice presentation to the gifts you have specially purchased for the people around you. Don’t skimp on the thoughtfulness of the gift by throwing an unwrapped box in a plain gift bag. You can jazz up your gift tags and wrapping paper a bit by using your coloring instruments, adding a little more flair with needle and thread or adding other store-bought embellishments. Experiment and have fun!
The best new paper glitter bags I’ve used in years – the glitter does NOT come off on your hands, or table, or carpet… Look at these Large Glitter Bags in four fabulous colors!
I will have both wrapped boxed presents as well as bagged presents. Now I’ll focus on making decorated gift tags to use on presents. I used both the Burlap Tags (item #47564) and the Kraft Paper Tags (item #47563) and was very pleased in the versatility that both of these basic designs offered!
I had so much fun making these tags. I let my creativity grow from simply coloring an ornament design from the Art of Coloring Festive (item #6945), to making tags that were embellished and dimensional that could be hung as ornaments, too!
Layer your tags, whether burlap or paper, to have both to/from names and a design.
Pairing my completed tags with the Large Glitter Bags.
Here’s the most elaborate gift tag that I made. I used two Kraft Paper Tags to complete this ornament. I cut-out an oval shape in my first tag that would act as a window; my second tag was kept whole. The first tag would get a piece of hard plastic (cut from another package’s blister pack) to cover its window. The second, whole tag would serve as the background; I glued craft super-mini glass marbles to it. I added my colored ornament on top of the marbles. I aligned the first tag with its window to the second and glued them both together.
The snowflake cross stitch gift tag was completed using a Burlap Tag; it was backed with another burlap tag.
Now it’s time to wrap some boxed presents. HMM…how could I make the box itself a little more interesting. I went to Pinterest to get some ideas on how to decorate gifts using yarn — other than using pom-poms. This image caught my eye immediately with its yarn woven decorated present. Did you know Leisure Arts carries Lion Brand® Yarn?
To decorate packages with yarn, I followed the directions as outlined in the above-mentioned pin and gathered two yarns from my stash.
Here I am beginning to weave the second yarn – in a different weight and color as suggested.
I liked the variation that I made to the initial set of instructions. I just embellished the embellishment!
So I had half of my package of Kraft Paper Tags (30 tags / pack) unused. I wanted to find something additional to do with my remaining tags; I happened to fan mine out when it dawned on me. With simple additions of several pipe cleaners, I had a wreath. What a great idea to do for younger kids to decorate. What would you do with your extras? Make a deck of cards with two packages of paper tags? What about any extra Burlap Tags (12 tags / pack)?
I’d love to see your ideas come to life! Post some images of your packages and projects. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season — keep it creative with less stress and more merry!
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this project. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of July 31, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments–you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
How do you plan on wrapping your Christmas gifts this year?
- Halloween Makeup Tutorials: How to Look Scary Good This Halloween - October 25, 2018
- Organization 101: Craft Room Storage Ideas - October 24, 2018
- 12 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts You’ll Want To Try - October 23, 2018