I love to make up little challenges for myself. This time I wanted to see if I could create three different cards from only one sheet of 12×12 double sided cardstock. It turned out to be much easier and fun than I thought! Whether you’re doing it for fun or you need some cards fast this is a great solution for cards which are not only super cheap but also super easy!
Cut a 12″x8″ square from one sheet of 12″x12″ double sided cardstock. Then cut the square to three 4″x8″ squares. The 12″x4″ leftover piece will be used for creating embellishments.
Card #1: Surprise Card
1. Take one square and fold in the center on the 4″ line.
2. Punch the upper right corner of the front flap with a 2 1/2″ scallop punch.
3. Use the punched piece to create a flower.
4. Add buttons and a strip of paper (from the 12″x4″ paper piece) as a border.
Card #2: window card
1. Take another rectangle and fold on the 2″ line and on the 6″ line to create two flaps that open outward.
2. Punch a scalloped circle from the 12″x4″ paper piece. Attach it to only one flap.
3. Add a spiral flower. You can find the instruction for the flower on the 101 Flower tutorial: spiral flower. Cut two leaves from the 12″x4″ paper piece and add to the spiral flowers.
4. Add two buttons.
Card #3: Easel card
1. Use the last rectangle piece and fold on the 2″ line and the 4″ line.
2. Cut a 4″x1″ strip from the 12″x4″ paper piece and create a border with a border punch. Adhere to the edge of the card, on the inside. This will keep the card standing when you open it.
3. Punch a scalloped circle from the 12″x4″ paper piece and adhere to the card. put the adhesive only up to the 2″ fold line. This will make the circle pop when you open the card.
4. Punch flowers and adhere to the circle. Cut two leaves from the 12″x4″ paper piece and add to the flowers.
You can create sets of these cards from matching papers as gifts or just as a stash of cards you’ll have available for your special occasions. I have a box full of them!
Have fun creating!
Have you ever made a project from only one sheet of 12×12 paper?