Today is Day 8 of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the eighth day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me…the Village Mantelpiece from Plaid Enterprises!
These DIY Christmas decorations made with Mod Podge will delight the entire family throughout the holiday season.
- FolkArt ® Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paints – Apple Red, 2 oz. Item #2901
- FolkArt ® Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paints – Citrus Green, 2 oz. Item #2915
- FolkArt ® Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paints – Classic Green, 2 oz. Item #2917
- FolkArt ® Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paints – Pure Black, 2 oz. Item #2957
- FolkArt ® Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paints – Wicker White, 2 oz. Item #2894
- Mod Podge ® Collage Clay – Vanilla White Item #25144
- Mod Podge ® Mod Melts – Colors Item #25128
- Mod Podge ® Mod Melts – White Milk Glass Item #24887
- Mod Podge ® Mod Molds – Alphabet Item #25129
- Mod Podge ® Silicone Craft Mat Item #16289
- Three birdhouses
- Christmas paper pad
- Two wooden tree ornaments
- One wooden snowman ornament
- One wooden tree
- Glue gun (high temp)
- Red ribbon
- Red buttons
- Yellow star button
- ¾” flat brush
- Liner brush
- Stencil brush
- Craft knife
- Craft glue
Step 1. Paint the fence on the one house Wicker White. Cut papers to fit to birdhouse and Mod Podge to houses. Allow to
dry and then add a topcoat.
Step 2. For the icicles trace the front of each roof onto a piece of paper. Place paper under the clear mat and begin making
the icicles with the White Mold Melts. Make sure your drips are going downward. Allow each to dry and then add
to the fronts of the houses with the melting melt in the glue gun. For the icicles on the top and edges of the roofs
sides, draw a straight line and then follow the line and making sure the icicles are going downward. Add to the
houses with the melting melt in the glue gun.
Step 3. To make the wreaths and the ornaments on the tree use the opaque colors and just drop small drips onto the clear
mat. Make enough for the wreaths in green and the some for colors for the tree. Attach with the mold melts in the
Step 4. For the tree, snowman, and the painted fence use the stencil brush to add the Collage Clay to all. Allow to dry and
then paint the small trees Citrus Green and the snowman Pure Black and Wicker White. Allow to dry. Paint the
larger tree with Classic Green. Allow to dry and then stencil some Wicker White on the tree branches for snow.
Add the face to the snowman with the Pure Black using the liner brush. Dry brush the cheeks on with the stencil
brush dipped in Apple Red.
Step 5. Add the ornaments to large tree using the mod melts.
Step 6. Use the Mod Mold to make the “MAIL” in blue, the “PEACE” in red and the “102” in green. Add them to the houses
with the mod melts. Use the liner brush to highlight with Wicker White.
Step 7. Make the snow surrounding the houses, trees and snowman by using the White Mod Melts and layering them.
Allow the melts to dry before adding another layer
Step 8. Glue on buttons for the doorknobs, bows on the wreaths and the star on the large tree.
Step 9. To make the snow on houses thicker just keep layering and layering the roof allowing the mod melts to dry in
Ultimate Crafting Bundle
Enter to win a prize bundle from Plaid Enterprises including: 2 oz FolkArt 10 bottles (colors may vary), 8 oz Mod Podge formulas (Pearl, Chalkboard, Ultra Matte, Sparkle, Extreme Glitter, Fabric), 8 oz Mod Podge Stiffy Fabric Stiffener, Mod Podge 64 oz, Mod Podge Professional Tool Set, MP Foam Brush Set, Mod Podge 7-pc tool set — all in a Plaid canvas tote bag! These craft supplies from Plaid Enterprises offer endless crafting possibilities and a vast array of fun projects.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What’s your favorite holiday tune?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog December 11, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until December 10, 2015 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
This Contest has ended. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas series. There are still many chances to win!
Congrats to Jennifer!
You’ve won the Ultimate Crafting Bundle!
Plus, enter to win the 12 Days of Christmas Grand Prize Giveaway!
The deadline to enter is December 15, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern time.