Today is Day 8 of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the eighth day of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, my true love gave to me…this Poinsettia Pillow Tutorial from Fairfield!
- Sewing machine, thread straight pins
- Red glitter glue
- Yellow glitter glue
- Snow White Oly*Fun
- Cherry Pop Oly*Fun
- Yellow buttons
- 16″ Pillow form
- Yellow fiber floss and needle
Cut twelve 7″ Cherry Pop Oly*Fun petals and twelve 5″ Cherry Pop Oly*Fun petals. Sew two petals together to form one petal for a total of 6 petals. Repeat for the 5 inch petals.
Add glitter glue to the petals and set aside to dry.
Add glitter glue to the buttons and set aside to dry.
Decide on a pillow size, and cut two pieces of Oly*Fun 1 inch wider and 1 inch longer than pillow form.
Select a piece of Oly*Fun to be the front. Sew petals on the fabric as shown in the picture. Then hand sew on the yellow buttons by hand.
Sew three sides of the pillow together and insert the pillow form. Use straight pins to close open side. Sew the open side closed. You can do this by hand or on the sewing machine.
Poly-fil soft touch pillow inserts from Fairfield are perfectly comfortable for every day use. Measuring 16×16 and 12×12, these inserts would look great on a couch, recliner, or bed. With the look and feel of down pillows, use soft touch pillows for anyone with allergies or an aversion to using feathers. Bundled with these pillows is a selection of fabrics in pink and neutral tones, perfect for your next quilting project.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
Who do you want to make a quilt for?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog July 24, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, July 23, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas in July giveaway series. There are still 4 chances to win!
Congratulations to Jenni James!
You’ve won the Fairfield Quilting Giveaway! You will receive an e-mail shortly.
- On Your Mark, Get Set, GO: How to Make a Scarf in 1 Night - January 18, 2021
- Halloween Makeup Tutorials: How to Look Scary Good This Halloween - October 28, 2020
- Printable Flowers for Spring: 11 Free Printables - May 27, 2020