Hollywood is full of elegance and beauty, but nothing compares to the red carpet style of the Academy Awards. Although the live drama is great (um, who won best picture?), I can’t miss The Oscars’ pre-show glitz and glamour. When I was a kid, I always put on a fancy dress and a pair of my mom’s heels to watch the pre-show “dress parade.” As an adult, I prefer to watch Hollywood’s biggest event while lounging on the couch in yoga pants. However, I still follow all of the Oscars festivities. Besides, who can resist the siren call of Haute Couture gowns, millions of dollars of gemstones, and flawless make-up looks? Definitely not me!
As expected, the 2017 Academy Awards red carpet was full of Hollywood glamour. Most of the Hollywood elite played it safe in pretty, yet predictable, black or white dresses. On the contrary, a few show-stoppers like Janelle Monáe went for out-of-this-world ensembles. As for best dressed? I was swooning over Viola Davis’s crimson Armani gown and Emma Stone’s Old Hollywood-inspired Givenchy look. Plus, there was no shortage of inspiring beauty looks to copy this spring.
Hollywood’s awards season may be over, but it is not too late to get the look for yourself. The effort it takes to slay like one of Hollywood’s style queens is intimidating, but not impossible. Transform yourself into an award-winning beauty in no time with these amazing DIY red carpet style and beauty tips and tutorials.
Silver Screen Skincare
Admit it: you’d give anything to get the skin of a Hollywood starlet. These DIY skincare tutorials make it effortless!
- Luscious Honey Lip Scrub – for a pretty pout
- Homemade Face Mask for Acne
- Lemon Coconut Sugar Scrub
- Get Priyanka Chopra’s Flawless Skin With This Body Butter
Movie Star Make-Up
Learning how to do makeup like a pro may be half the battle. Makeup with Maggie tutorials have you covered.
- Soft Glam Makeup Tutorial
- Contour Like Chrissy Teigen
- Easy Smokey Eye Tutorial – Octavia Spencer and Hailee Steinfeld rocked this look
- Wear Winged Eyeliner Like Jessica Biel
Glamorous Red Carpet Style Gowns
Think you have to shell out the big bucks for a Red Carpet-worthy dress? Think again! You can make your own with dress sewing tutorials.
- Golden Goddess Gown
- Radiant Red Tiered Gown – bold like Viola Davis!
- Red Carpet Evening Gown
- Gorgeous Giambattista Valli-Inspired Dress
What is an Award Show look without jewelry? These Hollywood-inspired jewelry patterns will make everyone jealous.
- Glamorous Layers Choker – get Taraji P. Henson’s jaw-dropping look
- Dior-Inspired Pearl Necklace
- Ruby Red Cuff Bracelet
- Emma Stone-Inspired Earrings
Finish off your excursion into celebrity style with DIY accessories to complete your look.
- DIY Beaded Emilio Pucci Clutch
- Divine Beaded Sash
- DIY Red Carpet Heels – seriously stunning
- No Sew Sequin Clutch
Who is your favorite red carpet style star?
- Hour-Long Easy DIY Projects - February 17, 2018
- The ULTIMATE Holiday Gift Guide: What to Get Your Friends and Family for the Holidays - November 22, 2017
- Halloween Makeup Tutorials: How to Look Scary Good This Halloween - October 2, 2017