April 29, 2011: the date that Kate Middleton married her prince and a thousand royal wedding-inspired dreams were launched. After seeing Kate walk down that (really, really long) aisle, was there a girl out there who didn’t secretly want to incorporate elements of the most elegant wedding on Earth into her own ceremony? Even now, six years later, royalty themed weddings are as popular as ever. Everyone wants to be a princess for a day, and your wedding day is definitely the time to bring that dream to life.
However, just like no two women are the same, no two princesses are the same either. Everyone may want to be royalty, but they have different ideas of what that might look like. For some, it could mean your traditional English monarch, while others might prefer a more updated approach. Fortunately, there is plenty of inspiration out there for you to draw on for your royal wedding, no matter what kind of princess you want to be. From ancient rulers to modern royalty, this list has it all.
If you’ve always been drawn to the mysterious elegance of Ancient Greece, you think you could have made a better queen than Cleopatra, or describe your decorating style as “pre-1400s chic,” then you probably have ancient princess wedding written all over you. Fortunately, with these DIY projects you don’t have to travel back in time to achieve this look for your wedding.
- Leather DIY Napkin Rings
- Ravishing Rosemary and Gold Votives
- Midas’ Touch Rose Bouquet
- Ancient Coins DIY Bracelet
- Grecian Goddess Gold Leaf Headband
- Moss and Ribbon Cross Wedding Wreath
- Floating Fairy Feathers
- Acorn and Driftwood DIY Garland
- Hanging Candle Chandelier
- Luxurious Clay Jewelry Dish
Queen of England
You love tradition. Classy is your middle name. You think you might have been Queen Victoria in a past life. Whatever your reasons, you are a bride who wants her wedding to be as close to the real royal wedding as possible. It’s a commendable goal, and one made slightly more achievable with these DIY wedding crafts.
- Wedding Locket Keepsake
- Regal DIY Wax Seal
- Elegant Swarovski and Pearl Carin Hairpins
- Antique Brooch Bouquet
- Queen Elizabeth’s Royal Guestbook
- Elegant Lace Invitations
- Traditional Lace Veil
- Lovely Eyelet DIY Candle Holders
- Smashing Knockoff Black and Gold Embellished Flats
- Effort-Lace Glamour Gold Champagne Glasses
You’re attracted to the kind of lifestyle a royal title affords you, but you are also very much a 21st century woman. You enjoy modern amenities and culture, so why not just add a crown to the mix? Modern royalty is less Kate and William and more Beyoncé and Jay-Z. It’s about status and power, glitz and glamour, and so are these crafts.
- Sparkling Champagne Cider
- Glitzy Fall Table Setting Ideas
- Pretty Princess Shrug Tutorial
- Metallic Dipped Candles
- Sparkling Crystal Wedding Bouquet
- Disco Ball Chocolate Truffle Recipe
- Gilded Toasting Flutes
- DIY Temporary Gold Tattoos
- Oscar-Worthy Pure Gold DIY Envelope
- The Easiest Kingly Candles
What kind of royal are you?
If you have a wedding to plan, don’t miss out on the AllFreeDIYWeddings newsletter: The Wedding Planner. Get updates on cool crafts for you big day.
- Some Dresses Are Worth Melting For: Disney Princess Wedding Inspiration - May 11, 2020
- DIY Wedding Favor Roundup: 27 Wedding Favor Ideas Your Guests Will Love - April 23, 2020
- 20 Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas for Every Season - March 3, 2020