Today is Day 6 of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
It takes just a minute to enter: simply comment below answering the question of the day!
On the sixth day of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, my true love gave to me…the Sculpey Leaf Cuff Bracelet Pattern from Polyform!
- Premo! Accents White Gold Glitter 2oz – 1 Block
- Premo Accents Yellow Gold Glitter 2oz- 1 Block
- Premo Accents Rose Gold Glitter 2oz- 1 Block
- Sculpey Design It Template General Shapes – leaf shape
- Sculpey Etch n’ Pearl Tool
- Premo Cuff finding
- Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey Bakeable Silicone Mold- Cabochon Shapes
- Sculpey Bakeable Silicone Mold- Bezel Shapes
- Premo Graduated Metal Cutters- Circle
- Sculpey Bake n’ Bond
- Clear fast-drying glue
- Craft knife
- Small ceramic tile
- Small spray bottle of water
- Jewelry wire cutters
- Bakeable coffee cup
- Small amount of ball chain, any color metal
Polymer clay may stain. CLAY MAY DAMAGE UNPROTECTED FURNITURE OR FINISHED SURFACES. DO NOT USE polymer clay on unprotected surfaces. We recommend working on the Sculpey clay mat, wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean your hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F (130 °C) for 30 minutes per ¼” (6 mm) thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult.
Begin by preheating oven to 275 °F (130 °C). Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the Clay Conditioning Machine for several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
Roll out a small portion of the Premo! Accents Yellow Gold Glitter clay on the #2 setting on the Clay Conditioning Machine. Place the sheet of clay on the ceramic tile and using the Sculpey Design Template – leaf shape and the craft knife, trace around the leaf template. Repeat 16 times.
Use the side of the medium Etch n’ Pearl tool to draw in the veins on each leaf.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with the White Gold Glitter and Rose Gold Glitter clay. Set all the leaves aside.
Make small snakes of each color about 3 inches long. Twist the colors together. Roll into a ball and twist again.
Pinch about half of the clay off and roll into a ball shape. Lightly spray the large round cabochon mold with water (wipe any water from the upper surfaces of the mold around the intended mold). Press the ball of clay into the mold and trim off the excess clay with the Super Slicer. Pop the clay out of the mold.
Roll a small amount of Red Gold Glitter out on the #1 setting on the Clay Conditioning Machine and use a circle cutter to cut out a circle of clay that is closest in size to the selected bezel mold. Spray the mold lightly with water and press this circle of clay firmly into the mold. Gently remove the clay from bezel.
Place the cabochon into the bezel and lay the ball chain around the edge of the cabochon, trim to size with the wire cutters. Press gently into place.
Roll out a sheet of the White Gold Glitter clay out on the #1 setting to create a long sheet of clay at least 7 inches long and place on a sheet of clean paper. Place the edge of the cuff blank on the left side and trim to the blank.
Slowly roll the blank to the right and the clay will wrap around the bracelet blank. Trim the right edge to the bracelet blank. Use the Super Slicer to slide along the edge of the cuff blank and trim the clay to the blank on both sides.
Repeat Steps 8 and 9 to add a second layer to the cuff blank.
Add the leaves to the bracelet, starting at one end and overlapping each pair of leaves. We used 10 pairs of leaves on each side of the cuff.
Repeat on the other side. There should just be enough room to mount the cabochon/bezel in the center of the bracelet. Put a small amount of Bake n’ Bond between the cabochon and the cuff to hold it securely.
Hang the completed bracelet from the edge of the bakeable coffee cup and bake according to the directions above and allow to completely cool. Once the bracelet has baked and cooled, just pop the clay off of the bracelet blank. Add a couple of drops of clear fast-drying glue to anchor the ball chain and you are done!
In eleven different colors, Sculpey’s Premo! Accents clay helps you to create beautiful baked projects. Also included in this prize pack are two design templates, a cuff bracelet, two bakeable silicone molds, and an essential tool kit to help you get perfect cuts and patterns.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What would you make with Polyform clay?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog July 22, 2015 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, July 21, 2015 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas in July giveaway series. There are still 6 chances to win!
Congratulations to Nancy!
You’ve won the Sculpey Premo! Giveaway! You will receive an e-mail shortly.
- On Your Mark, Get Set, GO: How to Make a Scarf in 1 Night - January 18, 2021
- Halloween Makeup Tutorials: How to Look Scary Good This Halloween - October 28, 2020
- Printable Flowers for Spring: 11 Free Printables - May 27, 2020