Admit it: you’ve always dreamed about owning your own pair of fins. From the sirens of ancient Greece to the ever-popular Ariel, mermaids are one type of mythological creature that have remained popular for thousands of years and are currently trending everywhere in the crafting world. Mermaids are often associated with femininity, passion, freedom, and youth; who wouldn’t fantasize of being one? (Psst, don’t forget to find out how you can win some mermaid-worthy Red Heart Scrubby Yarn below!)
Every child goes through the “swim like a mermaid” stage at the pool, holding their legs tight together to pretend they have a tail. Mermaid fantasies aren’t only for children though; more and more products have been flooding the internet to allow adults to join in the fun, like mermaid tail blankets and mermaid-inspired swim suits. Thankfully, through DIY, we can make our own versions of these aquatic accessories to acquire them for a fraction of the price.
Through the magical power of craft, your mermaid dreams can now be realized. DIY costumes will give you a tail and DIY accessories can add the finishing touches. Create gadgets and gizmos or whosits and whatsits like an incredible mermaid art project designed by quilling to let all who enter your home know that you are a mermaid enthusiast and you are proud. Become part of that world with these great DIY crafting projects!
Splash into Style: 21 DIY Ideas to Embrace Your Inner Mermaid
Tall Tails: Mermaid Blanket Patterns and Other Crochet Projects
DIY Costumes for Your Little Mermaid and Other Mermaid Sewing Projects
Mermaid Hair, Don’t Care: Bath and Beauty Ideas
Under the Sea Fun: Other DIY Mermaid Projects
In order to win these two skeins of Red Heart Scrubby Yarn, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What’s your favorite mythical creature?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until August 5, 2016 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada excluding Quebec.