In part 2 of our Summer beauty hack series, I’m going to talk about how to keep your makeup and hair on point in the hot weather. If you missed Part 1 of this series, no worries: click here to read about DIY sun protection and skincare hacks! These DIY beauty products have got your makeup and hair covered.
I don’t know about you, but my hair and makeup need all the help they can get in the summer months. Messy hair and sweating off makeup is not cute. Luckily, these DIY makeup and DIY hair products will help you look fresh and put-together. You’ll find recipes for DIY beauty products that you didn’t even know you could make yourself!
DIY Makeup for Summer
You don’t have to give up makeup just because it’s super hot outside! Follow these steps to look healthy and glowing no matter how crazy the weather becomes.
- Mineral foundation is your best friend. There’s two dilemmas that you might face during the summer: one, that winter foundation is not gonna work on your summer skin tone, and two, who wants to wear liquid foundation when it’s gonna melt off in the sun? Making this Custom DIY Mineral Makeup is fantastic because you can match your foundation to your summer tan. Plus, mineral makeup is a lot more forgiving when you sweat than other types of foundation!
- Add a natural hint of color. To give your cheeks and lips some color, try applying this Pomegranate DIY Cheek Stain. Stains tend to last longer on the skin, so they’re perfect for when the humid weather puts your makeup to the ultimate test. You can even use this stain on your lips, too!
- Get a bronze glow the safe way. Want to cheat a gorgeous tan? Rather than laying outside and getting sunburned, follow this How to Apply Bronzer tutorial to learn how to fake it with makeup.
- Lock it in. The secret to making sure your makeup stays put is to seal it in with a spray, like this Natural DIY Makeup Setting Spray. If you’ve got extra oily skin or want your makeup to look even more flawless, applying a primer before foundation will help, too.
DIY Hair Tips
Whether you’re hopeless with hair or want to switch up your look this summer, you will love these DIY hair hacks!
- Green be gone. If you have light hair, sometimes the chlorine from the pool can give your hair a green tint. Plus, pool water tends to dry out your hair to boot. Try this DIY Detangling Spray and Mask recipe to make sure your hair stays happy and tint-free.
- It’s time for the beachy waves. Who doesn’t love effortless beachy waves during the summer? The secret is in the sea salt spray. You don’t have to run out and buy one, though — make this DIY Sea Salt Spray instead!
- The fail-proof hairstyle: if you want to keep your hair out of your face when it’s burning hot outside, try this Braided Top Knot! It’s a little more unique than a messy bun or high ponytail, but it’s easy to recreate.
What’s your go-to summer hairstyle?
- 19 DIY Gifts for Parents Who Have Everything - June 22, 2021
- Summer Beauty Hacks: 15 DIY Beauty Products for Summer: Part 2 - May 28, 2021
- Summer Beauty Hacks: 15 DIY Beauty Products for Summer: Part 1 - May 26, 2021