Here are some handy summer beauty hacks that will help you make the most of these warm, sunny months! Let’s face it: sometimes, our beauty routine is the last thing on our minds when we’re lounging by the beach or hanging out on a sunny day. But for those who want to look and feel great on a budget, these homemade beauty products are great to have in your summer arsenal!
There’s nothing that puts a damper on your summer like glaringly red sunburn. We’ve got some summer beauty tips that will keep you from turning into a lobster! Plus, if you want your skin to feel smooth and soft for the hot months, these DIY skincare products have got you covered. Since they are all natural and affordable DIY beauty products, you’ll be saving money, too!
DIY Sun Protection
To keep your skin happy during the summer, sun protection is a must. Follow these steps to make sun protection easy and affordable! Plus, sensitive skin gals rejoice: these are all natural beauty products!
- First things first: read this general How to Protect Your Skin from the Sun master guide for general tips on staying safe in the sun. There’s everything from what time of day you need to slather more sunscreen to how to protect your baby’s skin!
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. Apply this Non-Toxic Natural Sunscreen Recipe every few hours to protect your skin. Bonus: it’s a safe, natural option to consider if most store-bought sunscreens tend to irritate your skin!
- Don’t forget to protect your body! Since you’ll be wearing shorts and t-shirts, apply some of this Coconut DIY Body Oil with SPF right after the shower. It’ll hydrate your skin and protect it from the sun all in one step!
- How to heal sunburn: so you missed a patch on the back of your leg. Or maybe, you were having too much fun in the sun and completely forgot about the sunscreen. No worries – use this Cooling and Soothing DIY Sunburn Relief so that you can sleep with minimal stinging.
DIY Skincare for Summer
Summer time is the best time to pamper your skin. These skincare steps will keep your skin smooth, hydrated, and cool during the hot weather.
- Grab some fruit from the fridge! Who needs to splurge at the store for some tropical skincare products when you can make some for almost nothing at home? This Tropical Mango DIY Body Scrub or Coconut Lime DIY Sugar Scrub will make your skin smell like a tropical vacation. They’ll keep your skin smooth and soft, too!
- Banish the cellulite with this DIY Lotion Bar Cellulite Buster! Everyone has cellulite, but no one wants it. Luckily, you can help reduce cellulite thanks to the caffeine in this lotion bar. Bonus: this skincare product will give your skin a hint of bronze color, perfect for the summertime.
- Want to cool down? As much as we all love the warm weather, sometimes it’s hot enough to cook an egg! For an easy way to cool down when you’re out and about, try this Cooling DIY Body Mist.
In part 2, I’ll give you some helpful tips and tricks on how to keep your makeup and hair on point during the summer!
What is your favorite summer skincare tip?
- The ULTIMATE Holiday Gift Guide: What to Get Your Friends and Family for the Holidays - November 22, 2017
- Halloween Makeup Tutorials: How to Look Scary Good This Halloween - October 2, 2017
- Organization 101: Craft Room Storage Ideas - September 12, 2017