It’s Day 7 of National Craft Month! These delightful T-Shirt Flower Pins, designed by Amanda Formaro of Crafts by Amanda, are the perfect accessory for spring. This thrifty craft takes old T-Shirts and up-cycles them into fabulous new pins for spring! Don’t forget to join us on Periscope for a live-streamed craft every day this month. Plus, scroll down for info on how to win our epic craft giveaways!
Supplies needed for T-Shirt Flower Pins:
- T-shirt, cut into 2” x 1/2” strips
- Pin back
- 1.5” Styrofoam ball
- Hot glue gun
1. Cut Styrofoam ball in half. Cut a circle from felt and glue to the flat side of the ball half. Reserve the remaining half for another project or a second t-shirt pin.
2. Twist t-shirt strip in the center, then fold in half.
3. Add a dab of hot glue to folded end and attach to the side of the Styrofoam ball.
4. Repeat step 3 all the way around the base of the Styrofoam ball.
5. Do a second row of petals above the first row.
6. Do a third row of petals above the second row.
7. Hot glue a button to the center of the ball.
8. Turn flower over and run a line of glue across the felt then press the pin back into the glue.
For more great tutorials, check out Amanda’s website, CraftsbyAmanda.com! You can also watch the video here:
Don’t forget to check out…
Plus, click the links below for FIVE giveaways from our sponsors!
- Christopher Earrings - May 13, 2020
- 3 Bright Bohemian Mandalas to Crochet - April 4, 2020
- 35+ St. Patrick’s Day Crafts To Make You Feel Irish - March 12, 2020