My five-year-old self would probably tell you she wanted to be the following three things when she grew up: a fashion designer, a writer, and most importantly, a mermaid. I feel like every kid goes through a mermaid phase, whether it’s obsessively watching The Little Mermaid or pretending to have their own set of fins in the bath. So, in the spirit of all things under the sea, I’ve created a list of ocean-inspired crafts that covers basically everything related to the deep blue sea that your kids are sure to love.
From the essential mermaid crafts to all kinds of fun fishy ideas, this list of super easy kids’ crafts is the perfect way for your kids to pretend they’re fathoms below the ocean’s surface. And if your kids can’t get enough of the beach and don’t want to give up their land legs, I’ve also included some great beach-inspired crafts. It’s literally everything a wannabe mermaid or merman could want to create!
If you have any awesome ocean-inspired crafts or activities that your kids love, please leave them in the comments below. I sincerely hope that you enjoy making these DIY summer kids’ crafts part of your world!
- Mermaid-Inspired DIY Hair Accessories – Just like Ariel!
- Toilet Paper Roll Hula Girl and Mermaid
- Mystical Mermaid Tail Tutu – Almost as good as actual fins!
- Toilet Paper Roll Mermaid
Super Fun Fishy Crafts
- Jellyfish Light Ocean Crafts – Great DIY idea!
- Tropical Reef Fish
- Simple Popsicle Stick Angelfish – So easy!
- Fintastic Paper Plate Fish
Sun and Sand Beach Crafts
- Styrofoam Cup Crabs – Create your own Sebastian!
- Pretty Painted Seashells
- Summer S’mores Starfish Snacks – Brand new!
- Beachy Plate Sand Dollars
All Things Ocean Crafts
- Glittering Seashell Ornaments – Not just for Christmas!
- Glam Guppies
- The Cutest Crab Cupcakes Ever – Cute and delicious!
- Octopus Puffy Paint Craft
What do your kids love about the ocean? Leave a comment below!
- 26 Sports Arts and Crafts for Kids - July 8, 2020
- Teach Kids About Math, Sorting, and Food With This DIY Grocery Store Notepad - June 26, 2020
- 28 DIY Summer Kids Crafts - June 20, 2020