For Day 6 of National Craft Month, Eileen Hull from Eileen Hull Designs will be showing us how to make these adorable gift card boxes – perfect for adding a little flair to your wedding gifts. Giving a gift card doesn’t have to be boring – they’re a great way to let your loved ones choose their own gift, and a pretty gift card like this is a great way to go that extra mile. Don’t forget to join us on Periscope for a live-streamed craft every day this month. Plus, scroll down for info on how to win our epic Craft Month giveaways!
Weddings are such special events! I love to give gift cards because they are so practical. To add a personal touch, I made a Wedding Gift Card Box.
I used one of my Sizzix ScoreBoards boxes as a base for the project. This box is the perfect size for a gift card. You will need:
- Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die – Box w/Scallop Flap & Flowers
- Sizzix Little Sizzles – 6″ x 13″ Mat Board Pack, 6 White Sheets
- Sizzix Textured Impressions Folders 4PK- Birthday, Congrats & Thanks Set
- Sizzix Big Shot
- ThermoWeb iCraft tape
- ThermoWeb adhesive sheets
- assorted trim, spray adhesive, crystal glitter, Velcro closure
How to assemble the box:
- Line die up on matboard to determine where the flap will be when you cut it out. Mark area on matboard in pencil.
- Trim adhesive sheet to size to cover the box flap. Place adhesive sheet on matboard within penciled area. Remove release paper from adhesive and lay layers of lace and trim on adhesive covered matboard. Carefully position matboard on die with lace side facing die, lining the flap up with lace. Keep lines straight.
- Die cut box from matboard.
- There will be open areas of adhesive. Take some crystal glitter and sprinkle on the lace. The glitter will adhere to the adhesive and add a pretty sparkle! Shake off excess glitter.
- Punch a hole on both sides of the top flap hinge and thread trim through for a handle. Knot ends to secure inside box.
- Add Velcro closure on inside top of flap and opposing piece on the V of the box. You may want to staple the Velcro down so it stays in place.
- Place iCraft tape on both side tabs and adhere box together.
How to make the gift card insert:
- Trim a piece of matboard to 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Use a corner rounder on corners.
- Run matboard piece through Big Shot with a Congratulations embossing folder.
- Adhere a small piece of lace trim to card. Lightly ink raised area to highlight embossing.
That’s it! Insert gift card and send happy wishes for the new couple!
For more great tutorials, be sure to check out Eileen’s blog!
Don’t forget to check out…
Plus, click the links below for FIVE giveaways from our sponsors!
- Wedding Gift Card Box: National Craft Month Project & Giveaways - March 6, 2016