So you finally did it: you found the person of your dreams and got the ring. Now what? You might think that you have plenty of time before you need to start planning a wedding, but you would be surprised how quickly things get booked up for the wedding season. In some places, you might need to start planning a whole year in advance! Since we know that planning the wedding is probably one of the farthest things from your mind with the happy afterglow of the engagement still on your mind, here’s a wedding planning timeline to help you on your way to the altar. This helpful tool gives you the step-by-step process for how to plan a wedding, all the way from 12 months away to the day before your big day. For right now, here are the most important things that you need to take care of ASAP.
- Book your venue. Your venue most likely depends on your wedding theme, so be sure to decide on a theme before making a commitment to any venues. Not sure what kind of wedding theme you want? Take our quiz and find out!
- Create a budget. This is definitely not one of the more fun parts of the wedding planning process, but you will thank yourself later.
- Choose your wedding party. Asking a friend to be your bridesmaid can be a lot of fun if you want it to be. Send them on a scavenger hunt, give them a gift, or make them guess it in a game. The options are endless! Here’s just one of the many ways you could potentially ask your bridesmaids.
- Order the dress. Trying on tons of dresses can be lots of fun…just make sure to stay within your budget! There are so many different styles and silhouettes to choose from that it can get a little confusing. If you can’t find the exact one you want in stores, consider designing your own dress!
Make sure to follow the complete wedding planning timeline on AllFreeDIYWeddings for a stress-free wedding!
What’s your favorite part of the wedding planning process?
- DIY Wedding Favor Roundup: 27 Wedding Favor Ideas Your Guests Will Love - April 23, 2022
- 20 Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas for Every Season - March 2, 2022
- From Sweet to Stunning: Your Guide to Spring Mason Jar Centerpieces - February 5, 2022