During the holiday season, we all get lots of cards. the question is What to Do with Old Cards after the holiday season is over? Do you throw them away, keep them in a box or just reuse them for something else. Here are a few ideas:
- Scan them and store them on your computer. I’m talking about the more personal cards with those special words you want to keep. They will take much less room on your computer…
- Use the cards as supplies. Cut words, letters and images from old cards and create new cards for any occasion you need.
- Embellish scrapbook layout. Use titles and images from old cards to embellish layouts and add titles.
- Re-purpose cards tops into postcards. It’s true that nowadays almost nobody sends postcards anymore, but it would be fun to do it again…
- Donate them. A lot of organizations, from Girl Scouts to YMCA and Kiwanis summer camp programs, can use your card tops for their craft projects all year long. Summer camp season is almost here so now is the time.
- Make magnets. Use cute characters or images from the card to create magnets by simply gluing a magnet to the back of the cut image.
- Create mini puzzles. Create mini puzzles for your kids or as gifts from colorful and elaborate cards tops.
- Frame them. Many cards have beautiful art or motivational text on them. Enjoy them year round by framing them and hang on the wall or give them as gifts.
With these great ideas you will get so much more out of your old cards you will never throw them again.
Join the new VIP Room where every month you’ll get new class grade video tutorials, be the first to hear about new products and get access to printables, patterns, have more chances to win fabulous giveaways and much, much more!
Don’t miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter
Have fun creating!