Today is Day 3 of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway. You can enter each day to win the prize of the day! Contest rules and how to enter are below.
On the third day of our 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, my true love gave to me…this Bernat Star Afghan from Yarnspirations!MATERIALS
- Bernat® Worsted (Big Ball) (Solids 400 g /14 oz; 709 m/776 yds) OR Bernat® Super Value (Solids 197 g/7 oz; 389 m/426 yds) OR Bernat® Berella 4 (Solids 100 g/3.5 oz; 197 m/216 yds)
- Contrast A: (White) (400 g/14 oz; 709 m/776 yds)
- Contrast B: (Red) (200 g/7 oz; 355 m/388 yds)
- Contrast C: (Green) (270 g/9.5 oz; 480 m/524 yds)
- Set of four size 5 mm (U.S. 8) double-pointed knitting needles.
- Two size 5 mm (U.S. 8) circular knitting needles 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
- GAUGE 18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
NOTE: Transfer sts onto circular needle, then onto 2 circular needles, when necessary.
With A and pair of double-pointed needles, cast on 4 sts.
1st rnd: (Inc 1 st in next st) 4 times. 8 sts. Divide sts onto 3 needles. Join in rnd.
2nd and alt rnds: Knit.
3rd rnd: *Inc 1 st in next st. Rep from * around. 16 sts.
5th rnd: *K1. Inc 1 st in next st. Rep from * around. 24 sts.
7th rnd: *(K1. yo. K1) in next st. K1. Rep from * around. 48 sts.
9th rnd: *K1. [(K1. yo) twice. K1] in next st. K1. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * around.
11th rnd: *K2. [(K1. yo) twice. K1] in next st. K2. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * around.
13th rnd: *K3. [(K1. yo) twice. K1] in next st. K3. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * around.
15th rnd: *K4. [(K1. yo) twice. K1] in next st. K4. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from *around.
17th rnd: *K5. [(K1. yo) twice. K1] in next st. K5. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * around.
19th rnd: With B, *K6. [(K1. yo) twice. K1] in next st. K6. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * around.
21st rnd: *K7. [(K1. yo) twice. K1] in next st. K7. Sl1. K2tog. psso. Rep from * around.
22nd rnd: As 2nd rnd. Cont in same manner, inc 16 sts on next and every following alt rnd as before and changing colors in the following sequence: C – 4 rnds, A – 4 rnds, B – 4 rnds, C – 4 rnds, A – 4 rnds, B – 4 rnds, C – 8 rnds, A – 8 rnds, B – 4 rnds, C – 4 rnds, A – 8 rnds, B – 4 rnds, C – 4 rnds, A – 10 rnds, B – 4 rnds, C – 8 rnds, A – 10 rnds, B – 4 rnds.
Next rnd: Purl. Rep last 2 rnds twice more. Cast off.
Enter to Win Today’s Prize
This Yarnspirations Bernat Yarn is perfect for your next knitting project. These festive colors will be the perfect supplies for any holiday project or gift. Whether you’re making a scarf, blanket, bag, socks, or hat, Bernat has a great yarn selection to meet your project needs. Find supplies and project inspriation from Yarnspiration.
In order to win today’s 12 Days of Christmas in July Giveaway, all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post below telling us:
What would you knit with these festive colors?
OFFICIAL RULES FOR DAILY CONTEST:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post.
- Winner will be announced here on the blog July 15, 2016 as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until tomorrow, July 14, 2016 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on the project above. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada excluding Quebec.
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas in July giveaway series. There are still 9 chances to win!
Congrats to Cynthia P.!
You’ve won the Bernat Super Value: 3 skeins in Berry, 3 skeins in Kelly, 1 skein in White from Yarnspirations! You will receive an email shortly.
Be sure to enter our sleigh of prizes giveaway to win each of our giveaways featured!
- On Your Mark, Get Set, GO: How to Make a Scarf in 1 Night - January 18, 2021
- Halloween Makeup Tutorials: How to Look Scary Good This Halloween - October 28, 2020
- Printable Flowers for Spring: 11 Free Printables - May 27, 2020